Thursday, September 25, 2008

The beach and ocean

The first couple weeks of September, we learned about the ocean/beach and our senses. This was a fun study for us since we have the beach so close. The main book we read several times a day was Hello Ocean. This booked used a little girl's 5 senses to describe her day at the beach. The place I got a lot of ideas from was Homeschool Share (see my links to the right), an online community of homeschooling moms who post some of their lesson plans. It's been a great resource so far. Anyway....here are some of the fun activities we did.

~Went to the beach, just me and Nicole, to collect sea shells, build sand castles, and just play.



~Went fishing in a lake, however Nicole seemed to have more fun fishing in the swimming pool ( I posted about this last week, scroll down to see that post)



~ Played Fishing BINGO



~Played seashell memory



~Painted a lot (This is quite possibly the best painting I've ever done....seriously, I'm proud!)



~Strung our seashells into a necklace



~Made an edible aquarium (jello)



~Watched The Little Mermaid

~ Our Lapbook with some of the activities we did.



Today Nicole and I made a popcorn cake from a recipe my Mama Pat gave me several years ago. Doesn't it look yummy?
And, the last picture...my mom came over to see the girls today after being away for a while on a cruise. Isn't this a good picture?

4 comments:

Holli said...

It's an awesome thing to see a family truly desiring to follow Christ.
In Him,
Holli

Anonymous said...

Great picture of your mom and the girls. The popcorn cake looks delish (do share!).
I cannot believe how organize and methodical you are about "homeschooling" Nicole.
KUDOS to you!

Jennifer said...

Michele you are doing awesome! Those were some great pictures. Nicole is such a stylish little cutie. Little Hannah is looking more and more like her sister!

Anonymous said...

Hi all of you sweeties...Loved all the pictures and especially the popcorn cake...makes me hungry, wish I had a piece of it... Yum!!!
You better look through that little recipe book more often..Maybe I put how to make home made noodles. Someday, I will show you how to make them. I loved that necklace Nicole made and especially all those neat things you have on the wall. What a neat mom those girls have. Isn't it soooo much fun to do things with them. Well Love you all..Mama Pat