So....I can't post pics until next week sometime. We are borrowing a friend's computer...it's a long story. So...I can still obsessively check on hurricanes and my blog...woohoo. But, I can't post pics because I don't want to load them on our friend's computer. Here's what's been up though.
Nicole is CRAZY about tea parties! We have several tea (water) parties a day. She just loves to fill up her little tea pot and pour the water into her little cups. At least once a day we also have cheese and crackers, or small cookies with our tea. It's fun...but definately one of those things that gets annoying fast for a mom. When I'm tired of having tea parties, I have to remind myself that although it seems like she may never grow up right now, in just a few short years I'll be yearning for times like these again. I'm excited about the tea parties though. I have a beautiful tea set (Mama pat....did you make it for me? I know I really should know this. I think there are lots of things you made me and then I find out later I'm wrong. ) Anyway, I have the beautiful tea set that I can't wait to use with Nicole in a few years when she understands that things break and she needs to be gentle. Her set right now is just plastic. Anyway...Nicole has been all about the tea parties. (I'll post pictures soon!)
Hannah is...well, she just steals my heart all the time. She is so Happy!!!!We got out a new toy for her (new to her, old to us) and she LOVES it. It's an exersaucer...a cool thing we can put her in and she can rotate around and play with different toys. It keeps her entertained, and she loves it. She been really fun today. Very noisy...but fun. She is very entertained by Nicole. I love to hear Hannah laughing at something Nicole is doing. Nicole often seems annoyed by her. I hope this goes away soon. I would be heartbroken if they don't get along. That is one of my biggest prayers right now.
I am busy trying to keep up with life. Some days I get discouraged because I feel like I end the day no further ahead than I was when I started it. I've just come to grips with the fact that at this stage in my life....if I end where I started..it was a good day! ha. Nicole and I have been talking about the ocean and beach this month. She's really taken a liking to it (I've been watching Little House on the Prairie and that last sentence sounded like something they would say!). The book we are reading is called Hello Ocean...and it talks a lot about our five senses. She knows all five now and we've been using them as often as possible this week:-) She also is learning new letters every day. Yesterday we were driving and she screamed "S" then "P"....about scared me to death, until I saw the stop sign she was trying to spell! (she finished it off by saying "T" and "O") hehehe.
Hmmm...what else? Oh...I went to a MoPS meeting today (Mothers of Preschoolers). It a wonderful ministry to, well...moms! Our church has a group and I'm going to be a table leader this year. We meet the first and third Thursday of each month. It's been (and I'm sure will continue to be) an encouragement to me as a young mom.
Well...I should go get some work done. Thanks for checking in. Sorry there aren't any fun pictures...but I have some great stuff planned for next week...hopefully we'll have good pictures (and um...no hurricane by the way) then! Have a blessed day!
1 comment:
I love your posts. Keep doing what you're doing. It's so refreshing and inspiring to read about it and I'm sure it's so much more impactful for your girls! God bless you, sister!
Post a Comment