Friday, September 12, 2008

One thing I love to do

I love, love, love to sit and watch the girls. Sometimes I relax more and enjoy myself the most when I just sit back and watch them. I love to watch Jeremy play with Nicole or Hannah. I love to watch them sleep...oh...who doesn't love a sleeping baby! I just put Hannah down for her nap and Nicole was already sleeping. She stirred a bit with the noise we made. I made it out their door just before her eyes opened (If she would have seen me, nap time would have been over!). But, I was able to peek through the cracks and watch her eyes flutter open a close. I love to look at her beautiful face and sometimes wild hair.

Today has been one of those "I'm going to go crazy because I'm terribly impatient days !" Since I had been frustrated a lot today with Nicole I decided to hold her and rock her before nap time. She cuddled up with me ( you know...young children are a lot like dogs. They get over things so easily! If Jeremy had treated me they way I treated Nicole today, the last thing I would have wanted to do was be sweet and cuddle up to him. I would want to nurse my hurt feelings and anger. Nicole isn't like that (yet). She is so quick to forgive.) She snuggled in with me and we rocked and sang for several minutes. Then I put her down on her bed with Hannah to read our nap time Bible story. After story time, we ended up getting into a silly mood. I had both girls laughing (including myself!) and it was a great way to go "night night". I am so thankful for them...even on days like today when I really just want to be alone.

Truly, I want to be more like my daughters...BOTH of them. I want to be forgiving like Nicole. Loving like them both, and quick to smile and laugh like Hannah. They are beautiful.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

beautifully written post today...