Sunday afternoon in TN, Tiffy stopped by the store to pick up a few things, including a paper. She asked if I wanted one and I said no. I forgot that my mom wasn't home and wouldn't be doing her normal "Wal-Mart" trip that morning, and I had forgotten that my in-laws no longer get the Sunday paper. Plus...I didn't have $1.75 on me to buy the paper. I was mad at myself all day long that I didn't get a paper because my friend Teri reminded me that they would probably have been coupons than we have in ours (for some reason, our papers don't receive all of the coupons available). That night when I looked through Tiff's paper (and saw all of the GREAT coupons), I whined and complained that I didn't buy one. So much so, that Jeremy just about left to go buy me a paper (hehe). Well, my friend Teri picked a local paper up for me back home, so I just had to hope that I would get a few of the good papers.
Well, my mom called me when she got off the plane from her trip to Ohio yesterday and told me she had to pack a second suit case because of all the coupons she brought home (she was kidding by the way, she definitely could have carried them on ; ) You wouldn't believe it, but she brought back a zillion coupons for me. I seriously spent an hour last night just cutting them (didn't even sort em then!) You know all of those coupons I was whining about NOT getting in TN? Well...now I have 4, 5 and even 6 sets of most of them. Here is what my dining room table looked like today when I was filing them away (remember, most of these have multiple copies underneath)

So...a GIGANTIC THANK YOU goes out to my Mama Pat and my Aunt Julie and whoever else so graciously handed over their coupons for my use:-) I'm so thrilled because some of these will come in very handy this week at CVS...BIG BIG weekend (Sun/Mon) sale. Check it out here.
5 comments:
I am soooooo glad you are enjoying your coupons. I have to tell you, I took dinner over to your Uncle George @ work on Sunday, he was busy and could not come home to eat. I walked into the kitchen and there was The Columbus Dispatch and so I looked through it just for you for more coupons. Of course you see a few were missing from them, I cut them out while your Uncle ate his dinner. Haha, you know now where some of those coupons came from!!!!!!!!!
I will tell George if we know your mom is flying up and he is at work on Sunday close to her flying home to bring them home for you, well me too since I use them also. When is your mom flying to Ohio again???? When Sis, meaning yes you Karen???
I have to admit, I love hanging out with your mom, my sister. We went to Target and it was snowing out, Karen, our mom and I was walking through the parking lot singing Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow. We were laughing and having a good old time.
I will try and remember to keep the unused coupon books for you when I know Karen is flying up again. I am so glad you enjoyed them and are able to save with them. Let us know your savings.
God Bless, Love Ya,
Aunt Julie
HAHAHA....I WILL ALSO KEEP THE COUPONS FOR YOU WHEN I KNOW KAREN IS COMING UP. YOU NEED TO BE RENAMED THE "COUPON QUEEN".. IN FACT I WILL START KEEPING THE BOOKS OR MAYBE EVEN CUTTING THEM OUT FOR YOU, WELL MAYBE EVEN SEND YOU SOME...WHO KNOWS..ANYWAY, I GET A KICK OUT OF READING YOUR BLOG AND ALL THE STUFF YOU HAVE TO TELL.YOU ALWAYS HAVE SOOO MUCH TO TELL, AND SO MANY FUNNY STORIES. MAKES MY DAY.... LOVE YOU ALL..AND GIVE THE GIRLS BIG HUGS AND KISSES FROM US... MAMA PAT...OH YOUR MOM SAID HOW MUCH YOU HAVE SAVED SO FAR. "GREAT"...
I am drooling while looking at this picture.
Yes Aunt Julie...I noticed the Betty Crocker potatoes were gone...but that's ok. I'm thankful you saved all of them:-)
Mama Pat...I will write a post on Dec. 31 telling you how much I've saved in just a couple of months...it's been fun:-)
And Teri....you make me laugh, hahaha
The Betty Crocker Coupons- get this, they were on sale for $1.00 a box, guess what they were 40 cents off and doubled, that made it 80 cents off and so I got Betty Crocker Potatoes for 20 cents.
Can't beat that when you need something to put in the oven to go with meat. I will have to look and see if I have one left, if I do, I will mail it to you. My coupon book is out in your Uncle's car and it is too cold outside for me to go and look at this very moment. I will be in the CRV tomorrow morning.
Love ya,
Aunt Julie
Post a Comment