Monday, December 29, 2008

Savings to date

I have been tracking my savings at CVS and Publix for just a short time, but it has been a useful tool to encourage me to continue clipping coupons and being diligent in the use of our money. Thankfully, Jeremy wants me to stay home, so I feel like I need to be careful with our finances to add financially to our family, not by making more money to bring home, but to be wise with the money we already have. I have seen a slight loosening in our accounts over the past couple of months and I credit much of it to smarter shopping. I want to share my savings with you (I was not extremely consistent with my tracking at first. I'm pretty sure I've missed a few receipts here and there).

CVS (since 10/9/08)
Value of Merchandise $669.61
Coupon Total $276.82
ECB used $353.14
Total oop $49.06
ECB earned$375.81

Publix (since 11/2/08)
Value of Merchandise $1,056.12
Total after coupons/sales $638.63
Total savings $417.64
% Saved 40%
*Just to encourage you that those $.40 coupons add up, I have used $168 in coupons in just 2 months! and my stores do NOT double coupons!!!

So....what are you still reading this for, get to your coupons clipping, I've found that it is well worth the time:-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I cute some out of this past Sunday's paper for you to mail out today. They expire on Jan. 31.

Your mom is flying up here again on Jan. 31st. so when she comes home ask her for coupons, I plan on giving her some to bring home to you.
Have an awesome day!!
God Bless!
Aunt Julie