Tuesday, December 16, 2008

We're back....

We got back last night from a WONDERFUL trip to Tennesse to visit Aunt Tiffy, Uncle Chris and Seth (baby Susannah wasn't ready to be born yet, so we missed her...Tiff is due Dec. 26:-)

Nicole was very excited about riding on an airplane. She was a great little traveler. Both Nicole and Hannah did great traveling. The ride home was a bit difficult because of missed nap times, but it certainly could have been much worse. We are really proud of them.
Nicole's little cousin, Seth, is about 7 months younger than her. They are finally getting old enough to play together a bit. In all honesty though, their "playing together" consisted mostly of watching videos together. Both have a love for Curious George:-)


Hannah got to see snow for the first time. It was cold and rainy for a few days, but one night the rain turned into snow:-) Here are some fun pictures. I would guess it snowed a couple of inches by morning time.


We got to meet a lot of Tiff and Chris' friends from church. They have a nice church family with great fellowship and community. We had dinner one night with their pastor and his family (7 kids between the ages of 9 and 19). It was neat to watch this large family of mostly teens and pre-teens interact with each other and their parents. Jane, the mother, has homeschooled all of her children (and because she is English, they all enjoy a cup of tea after dinner).


We went to a parade on Saturday morning. Let me tell you...if you live in this town, you are either IN the parade or WATCHING it. It's a very small town, but I couldn't believe how long the parade was:-) Their high school football team had just won state in their class, so this was the highlight of the parade.
Waiting for the parade

I love this look of Nicole, it makes me smile:-)
Most of the time though, we just spent enjoying the company of family. We had lots of time to talk, cook...and of course, I found a Publix and CVS to shop at:-) Acutally, I'm trying to give Tif some tips on shopping at both stores so we went to a nearby town and got her started. It was fun:-)

I have several videos to show. It takes a while to upload videos, so I think I'm going to compile them all into one video with segments in between. It'll be up later for you viewing pleasure:-)
I'm happy to be home, but also very thankful we were able to visit them for a few days. It was good for our family to get away (Nicole savored every moment with her daddy) and it was fun to spend time with Tiff, Chris and Seth. We have never really been able to visit with them like this before. I would have to say, it was one of my favorite trips we've taken as a family.

Oh...last picture. Yesterday morning, Hannah was quietly playing on the floor while we were all getting ready. When I picked her up, I finally noticed she was playing with a ballpoint pen. Pretty funny...

Thank you Tiff & Chris for opening up your home for us. We enjoyed spending time with you all.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I AM TRULY BLESSED FOR THE TIME YOU GUYS HAD TOGETHER!!!!!
The pics are fantastic !! HOW VERY IMPORTANT AND VITAL THE FAMILY RELATIONSHIP IS !! i'M GRATEFUL FOR THIS BLESSING....
Grammy

Anonymous said...

I am thrilled that you all had a great time, as well as family time, golly, we all need that!!! Loved all your pictures, the one silly picture of Nicole of course made me laugh, and Hannah and the pen, hahahahahaha!! You looked like you enjoyed tasting the snow flakes, thats always great fun, open wide!! There is nothing as good as a small town parade, (any fire engines or dirty swap buggies)?? Glad you all got home safe and sound. No matter where you go, or how long you have been away, there's no place like home!! Glad you had a great vacation....
Love you all, Mom xoxox

Michele said...

There were fire engines at the end of the parade. Of course when their sirens went off, Nicole bowed her head and asked me to pray (we always pray for the people who are hurt and need help from the fire trucks).