Wednesday, January 7, 2009

A quick update I suppose

Well, hello out there. Anyone miss me? ; -) I simply have not had time to post lately. I have been working hard at slowly (very slowly) getting my home back in order. As the week is halfway over, I'd have to say that I am pleased with the progress I've made. Each day I focus on a specific room or area of the house in my cleaning efforts. Of course, I still pick up all the rooms, but one room gets special attention. For example...
Mon: "Green" Room/desk
Tues: Master Bedroom
Wed: both bathrooms
Thurs: Girl's room
Fri: Living room/bar into the kitchen (the WORST pile of stuff in the whole house)
Sat/Sun: general pick up

Then, each day of the month I have a monthly task I try to accomplish. This week I have cleaned the inside of my car, totally organized the desk (didn't finish), shine my floors, clean the china cabinet and clean out the inside of the fridge/freezer.

So far, this is working for me. I'm pleased.

Yesterday was a beautiful day. The girls and I did not leave the house. We enjoyed spending time playing, cleaning their room (Nicole is very good if you get her at the right time), putting together puzzles, making homemade Whole Wheat bread, and other fun activities. I wish every day could be like yesterday. Attitudes (both the girls' and mine) were wonderful, Nicole was obedient, and when she disobeyed, a simple "look" did all the talking, Hannah was happy and life was great. We are reading the book of Romans every morning, which I have been enjoying. After reading a chapter, I try to explain it to Nicole, then I pick out a verse for her repeat with me. She really likes this time. Then we sing fun songs and make noise with her instruments. Hannah enjoys the "music", she is quite the little dancer.

Speaking of Hannah, she is full blown crawling now. Her arms get a bit tired and if she's going across a room, she'll start on hand and knees, but end up in military position. She has already learned to go both up and down the small step between rooms. She is growing up much to fast. I wish she would slow down, just a bit.

Nicole's vocabulary and sentence structure are getting stronger. She is in love with her doggie (now called puppy). She compares her love for Jeremy or I with her love for her doggie. She told me today that her love for me matches her dog (I can't remember her exact words, something like, "mommy...love...me...match...doggie". I have very much enjoyed Nicole's company this week. She is a funny little girl and I love talking with her.

I have a lot of pictures, however they aren't on the computer I'm using, so I'll try to post later:-)

The last thing I want to share is an important prayer request that some of you already know about. Erica, my brother's (Justin) girlfriend, just found out last week that her father has lung and brain cancer. Specifics are unclear to me because I'm getting info after being filtered through several people, but I will say that her dad is need of urgent prayer, as well as her mom. Her dad's name is Rick and her mom's name is Debbie. They are a sweet family, and the news of cancer was a complete shock to everyone and has been difficult to process. Please remember them in your prayers. I'm proud of Justin because he has really been a rock for both Erica and her mom to lean on. I can't believe how grown up he is:-)

Well...I hope to share more later. Until then....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, how AWESOME to be reading the book of Romans to the girls and a chapter a day. It is good to have Nicole memorize something so special at such an early age.....she will remember all of this.
Hannah, I bet by the time we fly down April 30th she will be walking. I cannot wait to see the girls, well, you all too, but you know what I mean, everyone.
We added Rick to our church prayer chain that goes out actually all over the world....to our missionary's etc.
Wow, your organization, awesome, a room a day. I had been checking your blog to see if you had updated, so yes, I missed you.
I figured it was HOT there and you did not want to rub it in tooooooo much since we got ice and snow on top of that. 150 schools are on a 2 hour delay this morning in Ohio from the ice and snow. It looks cold and very yucky outside. I will be out in it soon as I have things to do today.
Well, Love Ya,
God Bless,
Aunt Julie

Jennifer said...

Yes, I missed you. Was looking forward to when we would 'hear' from you again! Welcome Back (to the web, that is)!

Jen

Amanda said...

I love that you've been reading Romans with the girls! I have been reading it as well and sometimes I read it aloud to Maryn. It's silly that we think kids need their own special service, classes, Bibles, etc. and we rob them of the real thing.

Anyway, way to go on your cleaning schedule. I also implement an Organize and Declutter Day each month or two. It is a lifesaver, as stuff starts to pile up under the cabinets, in the shower, on the bookshelves, etc.