Yet again, I have to send you to my new friends (whom I've never met) over at Girl Talk. Really...you should read them every day, short little posts that really speak to me almost daily. Today they were talking about how as women, we are great at shopping (grocery, shoes, car, clothes...whatever). Almost without thinking we make lists, we plan, we compare. We know where to find the best produce, the best deals on diapers, the best prices on the Internet. But, do we schedule our time the way we schedule our shopping trips. Of course, this related to me because of my obsession with coupon shopping as of late.
We wouldn’t dream of going to the grocery store without a shopping list, or buying a car without haggling over the sticker price, or purchasing new shoes without checking the price tag, but we throw away our time as if we had an endless supply.
As a result, we often miss out on the best deals life has to offer and end up paying big time in guilt, anxiety, and a lack of confidence that we’re really doing the will of God. More often than not, we’re overwhelmed by life’s choices and demands. Perhaps, most unfortunately, we lack fruitfulness in Christ’s kingdom.
This is me...or has been anyway. I have not posted much recently for several reasons. One is that I don't want to miss out on one of my best deals in life...my two little girls. I have been working really hard at being with them both physically and mentally when they are awake. I don't want Nicole to think back on her childhood and see me sitting at the computer...that's not where I should be. Our days have been more peaceful, fun, silly and loving. I am loving being with them...both Nicole and Hannah. I don't want to be on the computer at night if Jeremy is home and during naps, I have been working hard at keeping my home in order. This has left me little time right now for my blog, e-mails and whatever else. I'm trying to learn to sneak them in every now and then...but for now, a quick update every once in a while will have to do. I know some of you enjoy the blog and enjoy seeing the girls, so I PROMISE that we will still post. It just may not be daily as it often times was...maybe just a few times a week.
I don't want to miss out on any moment the Lord gives me with my two daughters and my wonderful husband. I am thankful to have them all.
2 comments:
good for you Michele!! You are right, the time with the girls are the "MOST IMPORTANT"!!! Life is so short, and passes us by in a blink of an eye, before you know it the girls will be in school, then you will be able to catch up on all the small stuff!! You are right where God wants you to be, at home with the girls, and keeping your house in the best order that you can, nothing has to be perfect, that all comes with time also. God bless you Sweet daughter for understanding your daily plans for motherhood and wife!! You are a sweet, sweet daughter, and I am so..........PROUD of you and the Godly woman you are!! May the good Lord always watch over you and your sweet family as you grow, learn and pray together.
Proverbs 31:25
Strength and honour are her clothing; and she shall rejoice in time to come.
I must amit, I wish I had it to do all over again, I have leaned so...much from you,from your actions, your unconditional Love, your commitment, your example and your confidence!! I Thank God daily for you!!
I Love you with all my heart!! mom
woo hoo and AMEN! Thanks for the thoughts, sister! You have my full support! ...and I need your accountability in the same area.
Post a Comment