"Mommy, are my teething going to fall out?"
For at least a month now, maybe a bit longer, Nicole has asked us this question daily...even several times a day. It's pretty funny. It has been a good reason for her to brush and floss daily.
You see...I have a fake tooth that I take out when I brush my teeth...this is what prompted the question to begin with. Several weeks ago, however, I answered her, "Yes, your teeth will start to fall out in a few years. Maybe when you are 5 or 6, but then your big teeth will come in" (we then compared the sizes of our teeth.)
So, along with the daily question, she often adds, "Am I 5 yet? Will my teeth fall out today?" hahaha
But, the funniest question came a few weeks ago at bed time. Our neighbor had just lost her fight to pancreatic cancer. We had been praying for her for several months, and we needed to tell her that Mrs. Elizabeth had died and now she was in heaven (whom she accepted as Lord and Savior just 3 weeks or so before her death...Praise the Lord!!!). So, we got into a very deep theological discussion about death, heaven, hell, sin, the cross and so forth. EVERY question was prompted by her...it was amazing! Anywho...we were in a very serious discussion when all of a sudden Nicole said...
"Um, daddy, I have another question. Does God and Jesus and the disciples in heaven...do they have their big teeth?"
4 comments:
Oh, that's hilarious!
Hi Kendra!!!!
That's funny. I don't know where Logan got this from but when he brushes his teeth he says "gotta brush my teeth so they don't fall out like grandpa Bob." Grandpa Bob is Ben's dad who has all false teeth. Who told him that I have no idea, but he says it all the time....kids..
No baby yet?!!
I LOVE hearing what these kids say!!! I know I heard this one before, but it's so hilarious. Kirsten, that story is hilarious, too!! So cute. I can't wait till Maryn starts talking!
Post a Comment