I can't believe it's October. Finally I can start telling people I'm "due next month" I always look forward to that because it makes it not seem quite so far away.
Last week my friend Teri was asking me what I've been doing to prepare for baby boy. NOTHING!!!! I have done absolutely NOTHING! I really need to sit down and start going through my labor and delivery book I made with Hannah. It is full of information to remind me the stages of labor, Bible verses and Hymns to meditate on and all kinds of good stuff to keep me from freaking out. Yes, I'm using my midwife again. As long as everything goes smoothly, Lord willing, then baby boy is paid in full. I'm glad we don't have to put our baby on the credit card. That would just be weird. He wouldn't feel like he's "ours" until that account was at zero, you know? haha. Seriously though....I need to get on the ball. I need to start stocking up on diapers, wipes, pacies, find some old burp clothes and organize his clothes. Hmmm...I need to find his clothes. Yeah....I think I need to make a list of some things I need to find and do.
We have a lot of work we want to do on our house in the next 6 weeks. We need to completely re-do and reorganize the kid's bedroom closet. We have a good plan, now we just need to make the time. We need to have reorganize the garage (it's been embarrassing unusable for several months due to my freak out day of moving ALL of the girl's clothes and toys out of their room a few months ago). We need to work on a few other little fixer-upper things. Really, it's not much. We just need to dedicate ourselves to work hard the next 6 weekends....except this one.
Jeremy and I celebrate 6 years together this Sunday. Woohoo!!! I love my husband. He's the greatest. I'll tell you more about him though in my anniversary post. We just made some very fantastic plans for this weekend, that again, I'll tell you about later. But, we are psyched to have one more chance to get away all by ourselves before baby boy comes. We both realize this is probably the last time we'll get more than a few hours to ourselves for the next few years. Maybe by our 10 year anniversary the grandparents won't mind us leaving a 7 year old, a 5 year old and a 4 year old for a few days...what do you think? They should be easier to handle then, right? Hmmm...maybe we'll have to wait for our 15 or 20 year anniversary to get away again. Either way....we are looking forward to this weekend and that's all I have to say right now.
I don't have any new pictures right now because our camera batteries have been dead and I've not had the ambition to plug in the charger. I've been working hard on a new hobby. I can't wait to show you some of my creations, but it'll be a few more days.
Jeremy's softball season is getting ready to start. I think his first game is in two Mondays. I know he's excited to have some exercise and game time. I miss watching the games like I used to, but I like that this is part of our lives. I think the kids will have lots of memories of watching daddy play ball. I know I have a few of watching my dad when I was little.
Well...that's my update for today. I figured you might be missing us since I went from posting daily to not posting anything for almost a week. I'll be back soon with some new pictures and adventures. Have a super day!
5 comments:
We have some great motivation for you to get that closet done! November 5th's Clipper Chicks meeting will be a baby shower for you and your sweet baby boy my dear friend! Courtesy of your thoughtful mom and mom-in-law, of course. I hope Jeremy doesn't have a game on that evening, cuz you definitely have plans! :) Woo hooooooooooo! I'm so excited!
UMMM NERD ME!
November 2!!!!
Not November 5!!!
Sorry....duh
How fun.....too bad I live about 5 states away or I would show up at the babyshower also...sounds like fun to me.
Love ya!!!
Someone in Ohio who loves you all!!!
I hope you both have (had?) a great weekend together! I know you will savor every moment.
Don't worry about not posting pictures. Even though I love to see pictures! I would rather have a blog post from you with no pics that no blog at all.
You guys will get everything ready by the time the little one gets here!
That is so cool, too, that you get to go to softball games with the girls! I remember going to softball games with my friends, to watch their dads, and I always wished my dad could be that cool. But my dad rode a Harley, and for some reason I guess he thought that met his cool quota.
:)
Amanda....riding a Harley is pretty cool (too cool for me in fact, motorcycles scare me)
Post a Comment