Click these links to see my first post and my second post on cloth diapers.
I never really explained what a wet bag was...
A wet bag is a waterproff bag that you can store your soiled diapers in...later in life, you can store wet bathing suits from the beach, undies that were accidentally peed in, etc. I think every diaper bag needs a wet bag in it, even if you don't cloth diaper.
Wet bags come in several sizes...the smaller ones will hold one or two diaper for when you are out, a medium size one is great for a little trashcan (like the one in my bathroom), and the large ones are good for you big diaper pail. They come in fun colors and designs too. I would suggest this brand for your diaper pail and this brand for your diaper bag.
I have bought my diapers from two online stores.
Cotton Babies and Nicki's Diaper. I really like both stores. Cotton babies will buy back your used, unstained diapers and then give them to missionaries in third-world countries. I buy from whichever has a sale going on.
You can buy diapers used for much cheaper than new. At first, I refused....I thought that would be gross and unclean, now though...I would buy used diapers if they still looked good. You can join a group like Diaperswappers where people sell or trade their diapers.
When I first started cloth, I didn't have any friends using them. I got almost all of my information from Pregnancy.org's cloth diaper boards. There is a ton of information. Start with their FAQ page and if you have questions, you can post on there and people will give you their advice.
I suggest having about 24 diapers, that's enough to wash every 3-4 days.
Ant other questions???
No comments:
Post a Comment