1. I thought it was funny
2. Nicole was most fascinated with the white stuff on the pier on our recent trip...that would be Pelican Poop...don't touch
3. I told Jeremy I would name the post that and he sort of rolled his eyes at me....so I had to make good on my word :-)
So...onto what I was going to show.
Saturday night we decided to load up the kids and head to the pier for a picnic dinner. We got some yucky pizza and mushy breadsticks (that wasn't necessarily the plan...we were hoping for good pizza and garlicy breadsticks), brought along some soda, juice and water and went off to enjoy the nice weather and beautiful place we live.
I am ashamed to say that this is the first time we've taken them to the pier. It is one of my favorite places to go, especially at night. So, peaceful....at night....without kids. During the late afternoon, with kids the pier was not peaceful or serene, but it was fun.
Nicole thought it was neat we were walking over the water, Hannah said hello to every person we passed, and Nathan, I'm sure was wishing for some sunglasses. We saw someone catch a hammerhead shark. Yes....a hammerhead, VERY VERY close to shore. No thank you!!!!
We ate our pizza at a table that was actually empty...and of course had to make our dinner time potty trip...all the way back to the beginning of the pier (we have NEVER eaten dinner without the girls going potty. It doesn't matter if they went just before, or if we eat at different times. They ALWAYS have to go. A bit annoying, but it's just the way it is I guess).
We saw huge pelicans, and even some dolphins in the water.
We talked to an English couple, here on "holiday". Nicole introduced herself, her brother Nathan and her sister Hannah. Hannah, of course not wanting to be left out, then quickly sat up...pointed to me and said, "Mommy" and then pointed to Jeremy and said, "Daddy". The English lady got a kick out that!
We saw a guy obviously gearing up for a big night of shark fishing...he had a seriously BIG hook, and fish he was getting ready to chum (by the way, shark fishing is illegal on the pier)
Do you see the Pelican in the water?
We took a nice family picture, except that Nathan's poor little face was blocked (sorry Nate).
The only thing that could have made this more fun is if we would have driven there in a jeep. Oh...a jeep...one day, one day we'll have another one, I'm sure:-)











1 comment:
Oh how I miss Naples' beaches and hanging out at the pier. You are pretty lucky to live in such a great place. At least in your family picture you got Nate's legs in it. Sounded like a great night minus the icky pizza :)
Post a Comment