Finally, finally I can post this and make it official! Nathan is walking!!!!! Yay!!!!! and Booo.
Nate is just over 16 months old and finally has a good grip on walking. He still falls a lot, and he still crawls a lot, but I'm quite certain this will "stick". He has been teasing us about walking for several months, but just wouldn't do it. I kept telling him that it will be more fun to walk, but I guess he didn't believe me.
While we were away in Colorado, apparently, he was walking quite a bit. At least that's what everyone said, and I know they weren't lying. But, he has walked very little since we have been home. However, over the weekend, I caught him several times, practicing all by himself. And, yesterday....I would say he walked as much, or even more than he crawled!
He is so stinkin proud of himself, it's adorable. When I got the camera out to take a picture, he walked over to kiss it:)
I know that my life has just notched up to the next level because of this super mobile little guy, but I'm ready for it. I'm just happy I won't have to carry him (as much) and even more, that we can go outside and play and I won't just stick him in a stroller to keep him from crawling all over the nasty ground. Now he can play with us! yay!!!
btw....I am so very happy to have my sweet little boy back. He is totally better from that miserable sickness he had. Oh man, he had it bad last week. Now that my content little guy is back, I realize just how miserable he was. He has been so much fun, and such a delight to be around. Oh, I want to go wake up and give him a big hug....but I won't, I'll just wait a few more minutes until everyone else wakes up:)
So, here is to a whole new world for Nate. Congratulations on finally walking! Yipee!!!!




1 comment:
Ok, so I'm way behind, but i figured by just scrolling thru your newer posts that this was the case! yay Nate! May you be a very careful/safe walker... :) hehe!
Post a Comment