Friday, April 1, 2011

A visit with the cousins

Last week, Tiffany and her family came down for a nice long visit.  I am glad it was long because we didn't get to see them the first half of their trip due to all the sickness in our household.  However, I think we more than made up for lost time!
My niece Susannah (Susie) and I.  She just turned 2 a couple of months ago. 

The kids LOVED....LOVED playing with their cousins.  Seth is 4 and Susie is 2.  Nicole and Seth played, nearly non-stop.  Hannah and Susie hung around with the bigger kids and also played together a lot.  This was such a great trip because the kids all remembered each other and felt comfortable together.  They enjoyed every moment they had together.


Gramps getting some reading time in with his grandbabies.


Hannah and Seth playing at the park

Grammy spinning the kids on the....well, whatever it is.

Nicole was laying on this couch, Set was laying on another couch and they were playing some sort of game, giggling together.  They were super cute!

Again, Nicole and Seth were playing some sort of game, this time on the floor.

Waiting for dinner, Susie joined them when she woke up
 Uncle Jeremy taught the kids a new game.  The object is to roll a quarter off your nose and make it land on the X in the middle of the page.  They worked and worked and worked at it.
Add caption

Hannah rolling her quarter
Seth rolling his quarter

 What they didn't know was that every time Jeremy was circling the quarter, graphite dust from the pencil was being drawn on the quarter. So, when they would roll it around their face and down their nose, a mark would be left.
Nicole's expression when she saw her face for the first time

Seth's dirty face


Two cousins, enjoying their game.


These two really had fun together.  They kept the markings on their face the rest of the day.
 Tiff, Grammy and the kids spent a couple of our at our house one day too.
Aunt Tiffy showing some love to Hannah girl.

Doing play doh of course

Me, reading to my nephew and daughters.  I'm not sure what Jeremy is doing.  he looks really mad.  I guess he didn't like the book.
It is so great to see that they will have memories of each other as small children, even though we only get to see them a couple times a year.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

LOL Jeremy looks like a teenager in that picture. FUN game, lol. He would have tricked me, too. So funny. I'm gonna have to remember that one. I wish we had some cousins for Maryn and Josiah! Boo.

Michele said...

Now that you mention it Amanda, I have a picture of Jeremy as a teenage that is nearly identical (minus me and the kids of course!)