Earlier this week, a friend from MOPS, Liz, invited me to bring the kids to the Botanical Gardens. I have heard a lot of friends talk about this place but always thought, "what's the big deal...it's a place with a bunch of plants". haha
It actually was very beautiful.
very peaceful.
and very fun for the kids.
We did not see the entire thing...we basically hung out in the children's area, which was so much fun! They have a large, contained butterfly garden. All three were excited to be in there.
But, Nathan and Hannah enjoyed it the most.
Nathan, I'm sure, wanted to catch a butterfly and crush it in his hands...Hannah was desperate for one to land on her finger. None did (mostly because she was running around chasing the poor things). She did touch one though and squealed with delight.
They also had several small garden areas for the children to play in. One had a little house, complete with a table and brooms to sweep the house with.
They also had water pitchers to water the flower with.
And, the only way to get water was from a pump....not from a faucet, so that was great fun.
Everything was cut really low for the children. There were arches to play under, plants to water, items to find, and floors to sweep.
We also found a "tree house" (except it wasn't in a tree).
And we spent some time playing in the water area. All three are maniacs in the water. Even Nathan was sticking his head, face first into the water spouts. After about 20 minutes, he finally crashed, and found a place by a rock and just sat alone for a few minutes. Wish I had a picture of that.
It was a very enjoyable morning/afternoon. Thanks for inviting us Liz...we'll have to do it again sometime.


















3 comments:
Oh I want to go! I think that Harrison would like to play in the house and just look at everything. It was good to see you today even though we didn't get to chat much! Your children are so good. Oh how is little nathan feeling? His bump okay? Poor little guy!
Thanks for the invite. With the three of them running around, chatting isn't something I get to do much of. I'm always preoccupied! Nate is fine...not even a mark.
That is sooooo cute!!! Maryn would love that. Except the butterfly garden...I know she doesn't like those :) She hates all animals. LOL but she does like seeing them in books...hehe. Miss you and wish we could go to the Botanical Gardens with you!
Post a Comment