Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day

I think yesterday was the best Mother's Day I have ever had.  We went to church (worked in the nursery, which honestly...was not fun.  Actually I cried.  We had a lot of kids and lots of little "issues" to deal with), but then we had a yummy lunch at California Pizza Kitchen, took a long afternoon nap and had a picnic on the pier as the sun was setting.  We even saw a few dolphins.  The kids were wonderful and made sure that "mommy didn't work" all day long!  Every time I tried, someone would come take the broom handle from my hand or tell me to sit down.  It was nice.

I do want to say something to my mom...and Jeremy's mom (and our dads too).  The longer we are parents, the more we understand the sacrifices you have made for us as we grew up.  We know that we were often not appreciative, or even happy, about those sacrifices...but now, as adults we see them and honor them.  We know that sometimes you said No because it wasn't safe, and sometimes because you just couldn't swing it financially.  We know that sometimes you made us do things, not to torture us, but to teach us the value of hard work and contentment.  Thank you for your years of love, dedication, prayers and sacrifices.  We love and appreciate you.

2 comments:

Aunt Julie said...

I am so glad you had an "awesome" Mother's Day. I am also glad that Jeremy talked with the kids and knew that mommy was "NOT" to lift a finger that day. :o))
Also love the picture of the Florida pier and beach.
We miss and love you!!!
God Bless!!! ((((HUGS))))
Aunt Julie

Amanda said...

You are so sweet. I missed our Mother's Day service this year and was pretty sad about that--it's always my favorite. I mean, besides Christmas and Easter :) Much love, mama.