However, this morning, I woke up to the sobbing, heart broken tears of my dear Hannah, and discovered I had greatly disapointed her.
You see, for the past couple of days, she has been carrying around all kinds of stuffed animals and dolls, and calling them her "children". She has an active imagination and has spent hours caring for her children, feeding them, reading to them, teaching them song, and rocking them. She is seriously adorable!
Yesterday when we quickly left for dinner and church, she asked me if she could bring a couple of her "children" along. I allowed her to. Well, she rode home from church with daddy and forgot to get her children out of the car.
![]() |
| Hannah reading the Bible to her children, "and God made da whole ting" |
Last night as we were tucking the girls in, she began to crying because her "children" were still in the car. At first, we playfully said, "Oh no...you can't leave your children in the car! You may get arrested and go to jail" Now, before you send me hate comments...we have joked abou that before...and we were smiling and laughing as we said it. Well, Hannah was in no joking mood...this was serious to her! So, immediately I gave her a huge hug and told her she wasn't going to jail and I would take care of her children.
Guess what....I forgot. I didn't even think about it again! This morning, a few minutes after six, I was awoken to the sobbings of a three year old. When I finally figured out what was wrong, I told her that I was sorry...and I forgot to get her children for her. Oh dear....wrong thing to say! She almost had ME crying. I can't even call it crying, she was sobbing. Big, heavy tears with shoulder quivering. She was so sad that her children were in the car all night long. Poor little thing.
That, was one of the first times I felt like I really disappointed her.

1 comment:
Oh no! Poor Hannah. What a great imagination she has, and what a great Mommy she will be one day. She learned that from someone I know :)))
Post a Comment