Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Hannah - The Amazing three year old biker

This was a big weekend for little Miss Hannah.  She learned how to ride a bike all by herself!  Yay!!!  The excitement and pride in her eyes was unmistakable.  She is so psyched up that she can ride her bike.  She rode around...and around...and around...and around...and around...and around our cul-de-sac this weekend.  She rode through the grass and over the bumps, in the water and around and around and around and around.  She loved every minute of it!

Yesterday, I even took the girls on a two mile bike ride!  TWO MILES (or thereabouts) She did not complain or whine or anything.  She was wiped out when she got home...but very excited over her accomplishment. 

She can not start on her own (yet), but I don't mind giving her a little push.  I think being able to stop without falling is much more important than being able to start.  That will happen really soon.

I can't figure out how to get my videos from my phone onto my computer ....Jeremy???  Help please :)

3 comments:

Valerie said...

Look at her go!!! Precious memories!!!

Amanda said...

This is so sweet! I can't wait for those training wheels to come off Maryn's bike. They are such a pain. When did each of your girls learn? I think M will be ready this summer. The sooner the better. But I might invest in full safety gear, for sure. She's accident prone...even when she's not on a bike. :)

Michele said...

Nicole learned this summer after she turned 5 (she is more cautious that Hannah). For some reason, someone took Hannah's training wheels off when we were moving...and they never got put back on. I was wanting her to ride a bike so we could go on long walks/bike rides and begged Jeremy to put her trainers back on. He decided that she could ride...so, after a weekend of practice, she could do it. Well....after a few tries she was balancing, and after a few more tries she was turning and stopping.

She is a really good rider now. She still can't start, but I think that will happen soon (that took Nicole a few extra weeks too).

I love it, because she can go faster and those dumb wheels aren't so loud.