Monday, March 9, 2015

Family Camping & Old Florida Festival


We got to join our AHG troop for their family camp out.  It was so fun to see old friends. The girls had an absolute blast.


I, on the other hand, was miserable the entire time due to the fact that I stopped taking my allergy medicine and was overwhelemed with the pine pollen on our trip.  Add to that the fact that they were burn pine wood for our fires, and I was a sneezing, water/itchy eyes, coughing, miserable mess.

This pictures proves why I was such a mess.  Tampa was the #1 worst city to be in this weekend according to allergy reports- yep- that's where we were.

Realizing I was getting worse and not better, despite all the stuff I was taking, we decided to head home on Saturday night.

By Sunday morning, I was feeling much better, and ready to join the family on an afternoon outing.

We spent a couple of hours at the Old Florida Festival at our local museum.  This was a seriously cool event. I wish we would have had more time.  There were re-enactors spanning from the Calusa, to the Spanish Conquistadors, Seminoles, cow cavalry, pioneer families, and military personnel.

Making Sugar Cane Juice




The telegraph operator was quite interesting.



 At the end of the day, they did a Timeline Firing.  The different reenactors came up and explained their dress and the weapons they used.  It was very interesting.

Spanish Conquistadors


 English men & Pirates
 Confederate army
 The Doctor
 Buffalo Man- one of the first all black infantries after the Civil War

 WWII

No comments: