| Jason & Jeremy- picking up their Bibs and registration |
This was the start of a new hobby for our family.
| early morning stretches |
As we were waiting for the 1/2 to start, we watched the participants in the 5K run by, including a lot of children. Nicole and Hannah started to wonder if they could run as well.
| approx 1.5 miles into the race |
For the moment though, we just enjoyed cheering Jeremy on at several check points.
| about 9 miles |
It was a perfect morning for a long run, and a long wait. Overcast, but not rainy...cool, but not cold. In a beautiful and fun city in the South.
I really liked Nashville.
After the race, the girls decided they wanted to sign up for a race. Nicole signed up for a 5K and Hannah for a 1 mile race. I volunteered to run with Hannah. She beat me by at least 45 second.
| This was after a 4 mile run....they just had fun together. |
Then running bug had bit our family. Nicole rocked her first 5K and wanted to do more.
| Although this run only last a few moments...it was cute to see the three of them taking off together. |
I knew that I would have to start running to enter races with her. So, over the next few months I woke up early in the morning and started a running program.
| an early morning mommy/daughter run |
We ran together as a family in the evenings and prepared for our next 5K on July 4th up in Lutz with our old friends in Tampa.
| ran my first non-stop mile |
| 1.7 miles with these girls |
It was a fun morning. Jeremy made a Personal Record and beat his goal time.
| Lutz 4th of July 5K with friends from church: John, Shaun, Shannon, Rob, Amy, Rachel, and us. |
| Hannah finishing her 1 mile run with daddy |
Nicole ran the 5K in 32 minutes (and I forget how many seconds) and came in first in her age catagory. She even got a trophy!
| 1st place in her age catagory, 9 and under. |
I finished the race....about 6 minutes after Nicole. Hahaha. At this point, I realized I am now running for ME and not for Her. I may never be able to keep up.
Running is a battle of the mind and of the body. I struggle with disappointment over my speed and endurance, however I also see that I have come a long way in a short amount of time! Nicole has enjoyed up to 4 mile runs with her daddy, and waking with me to run occasionally in the mornings.
We've been running with a running club twice a week as well. It's been an all around fun family activity.
To add to our running, the kids have been particpating in Summer Run for Fun, a track program that runs once a week during the summer. They have been able to try out field events like long jump, shot put, and discuss; and to race in track events like 100m, 1 mile, and 800m. It's been fun to watch them grow and enjoy being active with us.
The girls also particpated in a kid's triathlon in June. It was a .5 mile run, 2 mile bike ride, and 400m swim (in the lazy river!). It was so much fun to watch!
No comments:
Post a Comment