Thursday, August 28, 2008

Comparisons and stories.

My mom brought over some of my baby pictures the other day...and so I thought I'd try to make some comparisons for you. Hopefully I can format this in an understandable way.
MicheleNicole (and Hannah)





Michele Nicole




Michele HannahNicole


A cute thing just happened

The girls are *suppose* to be sleeping. Nicole is probably now awake after just 30 minutes...but I won't go into that. The reason she is awake is because Hannah woke up screaming. I mean...screaming!!!! This has been happening quite a bit lately. I can't imagine they are night terrors yet (what could a baby have bad dreams about anyway? who knows?) Anyway....after a few minutes of trying to soothe Hannah in her crib, I decided to pick her up and rock her in the bedroom (of course, Nicole is wide awake watching at this point). Hannah was incredibly upset...it took a while to get her calmed down. Anyway, I started humming "Amazing Grace", which I have been singing with the girls during "circle time" in the mornings. So...I'm humming with Hannah on my chest hoping she will hear and stop crying. After a verse or two...Hannah stops crying and starts humming (in a baby way of course...the grandmas can both attest to the fact that Hannah often sings herself to sleep). So...I'm humming "Amazing Grace", Hannah is singing along and I hear Nicole laying on her bed, also humming along. We did it for several minutes...with a few moments of giggling involved. It was adorable that Nicole was humming along. I just couldn't help but laugh. So...Hannah is asleep, and Nicole is laying in bed making noise. I'll probably let her get up after a few more minutes (she'll be sleepy tonight mom...sorry).
I let Nicole get up, but she HAD to watch Bambi...my orders so I could get some work done. She's never seen it, and she is cracking up at Bambi slipping on the ice. It's adorable. She's laughed several times in this movie. I think she really likes it. It's one of my favorites.

Another sweet story

We went to Target today, the girls and I. It was nice to get out (we've been home now for several days). Nicole had fun walking and riding around the store with me...and I always enjoy Target (Kirsten...I still think of you almost every time I go in there! haha...we have a super Target now just a mile or so from the house..woohoo!) Anyway...we are wandering around the bathroom and bedding area and this old man calls out to me across the way "Stop...stop those babies!" I was a bit startled and stopped, trying to figure out who said that to me...and he comes, very slowly, walking over to us. He was a sweet old man (told me he was 93!) and he just wanted to see the girls...especially Hannah. Of course, Hannah was happy and flashed him many many smiles (good girl Hannah!). He was a sweet old man and started showing me pictures of his granddaughters, and his wife...who passed away 8 years ago. He had pictures from 1955 in his wallet of her. He was precious. It was a blessing to talk to him for a few minutes...and I think the girls blessed his day with their wonderful personalities and precious smiles.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love Target =) That was such a sweet story about the old man. I bet you made his day by talking to him and letting him see the girls.

Amanda said...

Have you heard of the book Babywise and the "45 minute intruder?" It sounds like the baby has a touch of that and it's normal, they say.

Anonymous said...

The similarities in baby pictures is uncanny! LOVE THE ONE WITH YOUR HAIR STICKING UP! LOL
You make me want to dig out a picture or two of me as a baby.
Hugs - see you soon.