Tuesday, January 27, 2009

2 Prayer Requests

I have two prayer requests I want to pass along.

1. Please pray for Rick, Justin's girlfriend's father. He was diagnosed with brain and lung cancer just before the new year. We got to see him and his wife, Debbie, on Sunday. They came over for pizza for my birthday. It was great to see them both. Rick seemed in good spirits and looked great. He's receiving treatment.

2. Also, please pray for our friend Nathan. He is a Navy Seal that was just deployed again. He'll be gone for 16 months! That means he's scheduled to be back August 2010. He is on a very dangerous mission (obviously, we don't know what but I'm sure it's more dangerous than we can even imagine!), and we just ask that you pray for his safety, and the safety of his team (most of whom are married and have children!). We met him a few months ago while he was home and he's a pretty interesting guy. He loves the Lord and His Word. I just figured the more prayers, the better for a soldier who goes in where others can't or don't.

Thanks for reading this and adding these two men to your prayer lists. I'm so grateful we can approach the Throne of God with confidence and pray for our friends. What a blessing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing the privilege to pray!! I will continue to pray for the Holt family, and add Nathan to my prayer list.
Valerie