Every Sunday Jeremy leads a devotion with our family (geared at Nicole for now, but it's unbelievable how much I get out of it too). This Sunday we talked about the parable of the sower. Remember that one? (very roughly paraphrased) The man was sowing (planting) seeds. Some feel on the hard ground and got eaten by birds, some fell on rocky ground-sprang up quickly but soon died because of no root, some fell on ground with weeds and thorns - again, sprang up quickly but go choked out, and some fell on fertile ground-and grew up strong. After talking about the parable and it's meaning, we got out some soil, pots and a few seeds (ok...I admit, they were Jeremy's sunflower seeds for baseball, so we are going shopping today for real planting seeds, but the point was made). Here are our pots.


Nicole had fun planting the seeds and I'm sure she will remind me to water them each day on her way to the swing set. I love that we are doing this as a family, and I just pray that the seeds we are planting now will fall on fertile ground of Nicole's heart (and Hannah's...but she was more interested in eating dirt) and that one day that seed would grow into a love for the and a dependence upon the Lord.
After our seed sowing, we just hung out outside for a while. We still have some sand on our paver from filling the cracks, so Nicole enjoyed playing it in. Jeremy got very creative with the camera and took some really cool pictures.







3 comments:
I think you can add photography to Jeremy's resume as a hidden talent! Great photos, and a great lesson, too!
I know....I told him he should take a photography class, he would probably really like it. He's very pleased with our new camera.
Really Good Pictures. I think Jeremy should take up photography. Wow. Good Job!!
The girls are really growing.
Love,
Aunt Julie
Post a Comment