Friday, February 6, 2009

The Great eSkate

Today I am going to Miami with my friend Katie to skate in an in-line (rollerblading) marathon event. We will be skating 15 miles tonight and 21 miles tomorrow. It's actually not quite as far as I first thought. I am excited but will miss Jeremy and the girls. They are staying home. It will be a fun time though. I'm looking forward to skating, eating and reading in the room (and sleep of course)


Look how cool I am in my skating clothes and protective gear. I went for a quick skate last night. I did 4 miles in 2o minutes. Not to bad I think. I'll post pictures next week of the event if I have any.


*Pray for me as I drive over on the alley.

*Pray for me as I hang out with Katie...we don't know each other well (and mom, you know how I get when I'm around someone for too long!)

*Pray that I actually finish, this sounds like a long way to skate for me

*Pray that I would be protected and safe

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know you'll do great Michele! Have a good time, can't wait to hear all about it. And yes you look very cool with all your gear on :)

Erin said...

have a blast. you and katie will have a great time. she's a sweetie!

Amanda said...

You are soooooooooo cute! I am a little bit jealous. Not of rollerblading, but just how cool you look. Maybe I'll get some army garb and go wrestle an alligator or something so I can look cool, too. Thanks for all the inspiration!

Watch out, gators!

Anonymous said...

You're going to do great!
I'm excited for you and can't wait to hear how you do on your eSkate!

Anonymous said...

You will do GREAT Michele. Angels are around you and protecting, always remember that, we are NEVER alone.
Jeremy will do great with the girls, he is a great daddy. I am sure the girls will miss you and hold on to you more when you get home.
God Bless,
Love, Aunt Julie