Saturday, June 6, 2009

The BIG news....

Well...it's official. We are a real true American family who now drives a real, non-American made minivan, hahaha. Today we went to Sarasota and picked up our 2005 Toyota Sienna. Here she is.















My friend Jami refuses to call these vehicles minivans, she prefers the phrase "mothership" Hmm...maybe I'll choose to drive a mothership and not a minivan too:-)
So...why did we pick this one? We wanted either an 05 or higher Honda Odyssey or an 04 or higher Toyota Sienna. Both are the top rated vans in all areas. They each have a few little extras that the other is missing. What I really wanted, no matter which brand I bought was an optional 8th seat. The cool thing about the Sienna's is that the 8th seat (middle seat in the 2nd row) moves forward about 6 inches. This will be very handy for an infant car seat in a few months:-). The seats in the second row fold down and then forward and the 3rd row seats fold flat into the floor. We already used this fun option by bringing back two rocking chairs from Granny's house. No problem...they both fit with room to spare:-)
The van drives great. I used to drive a Toyota Camry, so the transition was easy. I really really like this van (and did you notice it's leather....that's a little bonus two, it's very soft and comfy). I'm excited to have more room for our family and it already feels safer. So...that was our Big (literally) news. Oh...I forgot to add. When we first started looking for vans, Nicole told us she wanted a white one. So...I guess she got what she wanted. She thinks this white van is for her:-)
btw...I don't know yet when we'll find out if we are having a boy or girl. Probably at the end of this month. I'll make the appointment on Wednesday at my next appointment with my midwife.

8 comments:

Beth H said...

Hey that's MY mothership!! We're like twins now...but faternal because I don't have the third seat in the second row. Still we both have the best car for families. It gets better all the time!

The Lovealls said...

Hey Michelle,
We have that SAME exact van. The 05 Sienna got the best report on consumer report...that is what sold us (among other things). Our is even white too! Enjoy it...they are so convenient when you have kids. We love ours!
-Emily

Jennifer said...

Oh, man - we are all turning into mothership navigators. We are trying to sell our car so we can get a mini... I mean, a, er, um, mothership! Glad you were able to get it today... congratulations! Love you!

Anonymous said...

It's beautiful Michele! : ) Enjoy!

-Tiffy

Jennifer said...

I would love to get together on Friday! That sounds like a good time to catch-up! Plus I haven't seen the girls in forever!

Jami said...

YAY! The mothership thing is catching on! HEHE. We stopped by Toyota and looked at a mothership on Saturday. I told them we were just looking and not buying but they still wanted to send us home in it to "rent it for free" for the weekend to "test drive" it in hopes we'd fall in love with it I guess. We're not ready right now but it was fun to look at it. Kristina was all over the thing and wanted to "take it home". :) One day I'll become and official "mother" and get one too! :) HEHE. I'm SUPER happy for you guys! Enjoy it!

Michele said...

Wow Jami...they never offered to let us take one home for the weekend. That would have been hard to pass up, hahaha.

Anonymous said...

You're officially a mini-van mama!
You're going to need the space.
It's a beauty.