Saturday, June 20, 2009

Camp Out

How do you camp out in hot, humid, bug infested Florida in the summer? Indoors of course. I used to love making tents in the living room when I was growing up. So, since the sheets were out today from our college night girls sleep over last night, Nicole Hannah and I decided to make a tent.

We read books under it, did puzzles, and even ate lunch. Nicole is trying to take her nap under the tent (although, if she doesn't fall asleep soon...I'll have to move her:-) Here are some fun photos.

The nap time tent...darkened a bit from the sun.

Nicole, getting ready for her nap

The girls playing under the tent before lunch time.

Oh...I have a funny story to share. Last night I had a bunch of girls over for a college group sleepover. There were 12 or so, and 6 spent the night. A few got here just before Nicole and Hannah went to bed. They were gracious enough to play with Nicole, because she was sooooo excited all these girls were over. Well, a few minutes after they had been here, the girls (about 4 or 5) were sitting in a circle on the floor talking (they just finished a puzzle with Nicole). When I hear Nicole squeal, "OOOOhhhhhh....we can play duck duck goose!" Oddly enough, no one heard her but me. But, it was adorable. I know JUST what she was thinking. She saw all these girls sitting in a circle. What better game to play??? She's so sweet:-) I Love Her.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's so sweet! You tell Nicole that Seth is all about playing 'Duck Duck Goose' with her next week! We can't wait to see you guys...we are truly excited to be coming!

Love you all!
Tiffy