Well...according the poll at the right, a few of you ( me included) thought we'd have a baby by now (or at least midnight tonight....I've gotta be honest with you, I don't think that'll happen). My due date is Monday, which really doesn't mean a lot, because due dates are really just guesses. However, my midwife will be out of town Friday - Sunday....so I'm starting to hope I'll "go late".
I know what you are asking...what am I going to do if I go into labor and my midwife is gone? There is another midwife I can use about 40 minutes away. I've never met her, but I've met her husband (he's an OB/GYN) I had to go to him at the end of my pregnancy with Hannah because my iron deficiency was putting me at a much higher risk. He looked at my charts and "ok'd" me to continue with my midwife care as long as she had certain supplies on hand (which she did). I didn't have any problems...which was great! So, this other midwife has a birthing center right next door to her husband's OB/GYN practice...isn't that funny? Even though I've never met her, I've heard great things and I feel like I would be in good hands if I went into labor this weekend. I'm not worried...neither should you:-)
So....Jeremy wanted me to post another "poll" He's been hoping for a "big boy" and has tried his hardest to make me eat a lot for his boy:-) He wants to know how big you think our baby will be. So...go ahead, cast your vote. What do you think?
2 comments:
Do you remember this midwife's name? I saw one of her substitute midwives names Marguerite or something like that.
NOOOOO....NOT her! I don't know how your experience with her was, but I told Dawn that that lady would never touch me again. I would either have the baby at home or go to the hospital. She no longer comes down to back Dawn up.
The backup is Samantha...on the Cape. Her husband is an OB/GYN. I've heard great things about her. Actually...I've heard of some people that prefer her and so they drive to The Cape. So, I think she'll be fine if I have to use her.
Post a Comment