Hannah sure thinks so. She has NO IDEA she is 1 1/2. She totally thinks she is 3...maybe even 4. She's been putting up a fight with me lately in this regard. Here are a few examples...

Last night, Jeremy was working late and I decided not to cook dinner, but to swing by our little pizza place near our house. Hannah nearly threw an all out temper tantrum because she didn't get chocolate milk like Nicole. First of all...Nicole just got choc. milk for the first time a couple of months ago. Second of all, chocolate milk is usually in "reduced fat" version. Hannah still drinks whole milk (because their brain still needs high fat content). Third...Hannah's NEVER had chocolate milk...she had no idea what it was/is, but she just knew that Nicole was getting a different drink and she just had her sippy cup (full of juice by the way) So...I wouldn't give it to her.
Then, I was carrying the high chair outside and Hannah cried and pointed at it the whole walk outside. The whole time she was shaking her head no and saying no. When I got outside...she continued to say no, ran over to a chair and tried to crawl up in it. She doesn't want to sit in a high chair anymore, she wants to sit in a big person's chair (she can barely see over the table by the way, it's hard to eat that way).
Speaking of the drink example above, while on vacation a few months ago (hold old was she? 15 months?) We were out to eat. The waitress had just brought our drinks and I pulled out Hannah's sippy cup of milk. She looked at me, shook her head, threw the cup on the ground, THEN she turned around and pointed at the soda machine and signed "More". WHAT???? She knew that we were drinking something out of that machine, and she yet again got boring old milk! I was dumbfounded....actually...it was quite funny.
Hannah tends to get upset with Nicole when Nicole is doing something that Hannah wants to participate in, whether it's with me or individual play time. Hannah already wants to wear Nicole's clothes (especially shoes) and read her books (although she doesn't have the attention span). She wants to use the "big girl" swing outside, hates when I change her diaper (but she's not potty trained yet), wants to sit in a different car seat, wants to ride a bike....the list could go on and on.
Sometimes it's funny that she thinks she's so big, and other times it makes me insane. :-) I'm pretty sure it's frustrating to Hannah in most cases. As I say many times throughout the day.....She totally thinks she's 3!
2 comments:
that is awesome!! I say go with it Casey was/is the same way watching Caden and I just let her do big kid stuff if she wanted to sit in a chair (as long as it was at the house) I let her she would just stand on her knees and she learned to feed herself a lot faster than Caden and she drank out of a big kid cup sooner too. Same with Potty Training I say especially with that see fi she wants to be a big girl on the potty how helpful would that be!!!! She is addorable by the way both of them are!!! You are such a great mom : )
Little Miss Independent! I am sure this is the hardest thing to deal with. Just remember that what you may see as weaknesses now, if directed correctly will be a huge greatness. Not that writing that helps at all. :) WHAT WILL THE BABY's NAMEBEEEEEEE :)
Post a Comment