Tuesday, January 5, 2010

BIG update post

So, rather than write a bunch of different posts...I'm going to do one big post with random pictures and stories from the past couple of weeks.  The girls have just went down for nap time, although they aren't asleep yet, and Nathan is still sleeping from this morning.  This is my chance.  Here's hoping I finish:-)


Family Visits
As I've said several times, Jeremy's sister Tiffany came down to visit along with her husband, Chris, and their two cute kids, Seth (almost 3) and Susannah (1).  We all commented how much Susannah and Hannah look alike, and even act alike.  Not to mention that their names rhyme.  In fact, when we do prayer requests at night, Nicole always says, "and another Hannah...Susannah Hannah".  I think she does it because she thinks it's funny their names rhyme.  So, Jeremy and I are always saying Susannah Hannah, but I'm not sure Tiff and Chris like that ! hahaha.


Here is Susannah


Me and Susannah


  I don't know whose idea it was, but Gramps spent at least an hour with those three on the pretend airplane.  In this picture Nicole was the pilot, and Hannah and Seth were helping to keep the plane in the air with their outstretched arms.  Can you see the airplane drawn on the ground?  It was adorable.  I would venture to say this might have been one of gramps' favorite times with those three.



Nicole sat and watched Gramps carve the turkey on Christmas day.  I think she was a bit appalled at what was going on.  She had a very disgusted look on her face.  I'm pretty sure if someone would have picked the turkey up and made it dance on the counter, she would have freaked out and became a vegetarian:-)



Can you believe this weird-o is getting married next month! Scary, isn't it? :-)


Camels.....

We came home Christmas eve from looking at Christmas lights with a surprise on Jeremy's work van...a GIGANTIC Camel!!!



We thought for sure it was my dad who put it there, because the next day when we moved it to my van, strapped it on, and drove around town like that...he made a big deal about what a great joke it was and how we should pass it around to other people.  The (very small) tag even said "Dad" on it.  Well, come to find out, it wasn't from my dad, it was put there by Jeremy's friend Aaron, who got it at a white elephant gift exchange a week or so earlier. 


We ended up stuffing it into the work van of our friend Dan.  I don't know where that camel is now though.  It was pretty fun playing with it for a few days though.




Hannah still likes her some food!

The other night we were having something italian for dinner...stuffed shells maybe.  Anyway, here are just a few pictures to remind you how much Hannah likes her food.  She's hysterical!


 
 Obviously Jeremy and I weren't paying attention to what she was doing until it was to late...at that point then, you might as well take pictures and laugh!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love all of it....the camel.....the girls....your nieces rosey cheek and wonderful smile. Greg getting the kids to sit for an hour to play airplane....how awesome. I needed a good laugh when I got home....is it spring yet??? Who ordered all of this white stuff called snow???? Was it Justin???? We have 3 more days of snow coming and the roads are aweful in spots.
We love you all and miss you all very much. God BLess!!

Love,
Aunt Julie

Amanda said...

The plane thing was adorable! Maybe Maryn's grandpa will get the idea and do something with Maryn besides watch TV. Way to go!

The camel! You guys are so goofy. I don't know if John would do that, or even think to do anything like that. But maybe...

Nicole and the turkey: Soooo cute, just classic. Never let her become a vegetarian! Our kids are forbidden from vegetarianism. lol.

Hannah: WOW. What a huge mess! I don't know if Maryn's gotten quite that messy yet at dinner, but she's working on it.

Susannah and Hannah: I really thought that was Hannah in the first picture when I saw the pic really, really small on Jen S.'
s blog.

Anonymous said...

By the way, that pic of you and Susie is really cute! :)

Tiffy