Monday, January 25, 2010

Bridal Shower

Let the wedding events begin!  Yesterday I had the privileged of hosting a bridal shower for my very soon to be sister-in-law, Erica.  My little brother, Justin, and Erica are getting married next month, February 27.  Justin asked Jeremy to be a groomsman, and they asked Nicole to be their flower girl.  So, the next month will be filled with wedding preparations and events.  I'll have some beautiful pictures to post in the next few weeks!

Yesterday however was all about Erica.  With the help of my mom, Valerie and a new friend, Crystal, we put together a rocking good time for Erica.  We had baked ziti, a salad that almost tasted like The Olive Garden, punch and a beautiful pink and brown cake.


We had fun playing games.  Let me share two with you.  The first game was called "The Candy Bar Game".  I had a plate filled with 13 candybars.  Examples are Mars, Whatchamacallit, kiss, bliss, nerds, payday, butterfinger, red hots, sugar babies, etc.  I broke everyone up into 5 groups of 3 and they had 5 minutes to write a poem about Justin and Erica using as many of the candy bars as possible.  The poems turned out really cute, I wish I had brought them home to share with you. 

Another game was a fun story my mom made up while making Erica act it out.  We put together a "honeymoon" bag with all the essentials. 

You know....my mom's flannel pajams for their wedding night



A dance outfit with MADD shorts (Mother's Against Drunk Driving)


An Ohio State outfit to show that Erica supports Justin's favorite team.  She even had to run around and yell "Go Buckeyes"



It was a good time for all. 


2 comments:

Amanda said...

She's so beautiful! Congratulations Erica!

Anonymous said...

Breaking her in right with the
Go Buckeyes!!!