Friday, January 22, 2010

Dirt

My girls LOVE to play in the dirt.  Within moments of being outside, it seems one of them (usually Hannah) has a handfull of the grimy stuff!  Today we stepped outside for a while (mostly because I was out of ideas to do inside and I'm trying to keep the TV off today).  I had to feed Nathan, so they had to play on their own for a while, which of course, soon led them to the bag of dirt we have against the fence.  I wish I had this on film, because I am quite sure I won't be able to explain it, but they had me cracking up laughing.

Nicole & Hannah have a little push car type thing.  The seat on this car raises up (can you see the little slit for the handel in this picture?)

By the way, this picture is 6 months old...I just wanted to show you the car.

Anyway...Hannah and Nicole were running back and forth between the car and the bag of dirt, trying to fill up the seat, one handful at a time.  Finally, Hannah decided she was going to sit on the seat and push herself around.  She straddeled the seat and started to sit down.  Just before her little tooshy hit the seat, she looked over and saw Nicole running back over with a handful of dirt.  Hannah said, "oh" , stood up, lifted the seat, let Nicole drop the dirt, then put the seat down and started to sit again.  Just to look over and see Nicole running back over again, with another handful of dirt.  So, what does Hannah do?  She says "Oh", stands up, lifts the seat, let's Nicole drop the dirt, puts the seat down, starts to sit, looks over again.  Sees Nicole coming a third time and the circle continues.

"Oh"
Stand
Lift
Drop
Down
Sit
Look

"Oh"
Stand
Lift
Drop
Down
Sit
Look

You get the picture.  This went on for at least 5 minutes.  It was so funny to watch the same progression of events, over and over...and even funnier to hear Hannah say "Oh" each and every time.  She was genuinely surprised each time that Nicole had more dirt.  Her little voice is so very cute!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I love the little voices, too! So sweet.