Sunday, January 10, 2010

Pizza Cupcakes

For Christmas, I got a cookbook called The Cooking for Kids Bible.  It is filled with all sorts of fun, yummy recipes.  I used several this last week and I wanted to share one that I made for lunch.  They are called Pizza Cupcakes.


Ingredients
1 tube of refrigerated biscuits
1/4 C diced red sweet pepper
1/4 C diced onion
1 C spaghetti sauce
Mozzarella cheese

Saute red pepper and onion until soft.  Meanwhile, place one biscuit in each cupcake tin and spread up the sides of the cupcake container, making a well in the center.  When the veggies are cooked, add the spaghetti sauce and bring to a boil for 1 to 2 minutes.  Fill each biscuit cupcake with a scoop of sauce, top with mozzarella cheese.  Bake at 375 for 12-15 minutes. 


These were a pretty good little lunch.  I was happy that I was able to sneak in some veggies too.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

CUTE! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

What is inside of those graham crackers????
I use to put choclate icing inside and make a graham cracker choclate icing sandwich.
The Cupcake pizza's are a nice idea. I like those. Another idea.....use English muffins and make pizza's.
Just sharing a few ideas.

God Bless!
Aunt Julie

Michele said...

Actually, it's a whole wheat cracker and cheese:-)

And...I think i chopped up carrots to put in the sauce as well.