Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Special Birthday Card

Yesterday was my birthday.  In all honestly, the day wasn't that great...but how are the kids to know they aren't suppose to cry, or whine, or get in trouble.  To them...it was any old day, right?  But, when Jeremy got home, he took control and explained to Nicole that it was my birthday.  She promptly sang "Happy Birthday" to me, then she went to the table with two pieces of paper to make me a card.  It may be the best card I've ever received!



This is a picture of me.  The dots all over my face are not zits thank you very much!  Rather...they are my freckles (Jeremy assured me that I don't really have that many).  She wrote her name on top.  On the top right, I asked her what she wrote and she told me she forgot.  She drew my hair, my legs...and the red circle below my head is my tummy:-)


Then, the "back" of the card (the other paper) she wrote Hannah's name and her name and then she said she also wrote "Happy Birthday Mommy" :-)  Isn't it special!?!  Her drawing and writing skills are improving so quickly!

The evening was great.  Jeremy took me out to a very nice dinner (all alone!) and then we went to this fancy new movie theater in town.  They have HUGE leather seats, and a full bar (if your the drinking type, which we aren't, but it's impressive anyway).  We saw "The Blind Side".  It was a great movie...makes you want to go out and work with inner city kids:-)  Special story...that is true (we didn't realize that until the end though)

So...my birthday night was extremely relaxing.  We had a nice time, s-l-o-w-l-y eating our dinner, asking for more bread, getting a little chocolate cup filled with white chocolate mousse  dessert cupcake, walking around a very ritzy shopping center (which is kind of fun to window shop) and enjoying a nice movie, and staying out really late (good thing I took a nap that day!).   We almost had the theater to ourselves...one other couple walked in just before the movie started.  Oh...and I got "flashed" by one of the movie theater workers.  I had my feet propt up on a bar in front of us and she flashed her flashlight at me in the middle of the movie.  Kind of funny and a little embarrassing.  Guess that place was to ritzy for us regular folks:-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a great ending to your birthday. I'm proud of Jeremy! :) Happy Birthday again!

Tiffy

Amanda said...

Yay! Happy Birthday! Nicole is writing really great, and great pretend spelling, too.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!! Can you believe in another year we will both be....30?!! I am very impressed with Nicole's writing. So happy you had a nice, relaxing night for your birthday.