
Like the rest of the country, it's been incredibly cold here. Well, that's changing today. This afternoon it is a beauitful sunny day with temperatures in the low 60s I believe. Perfect! Does anyone know of a place where the high is in the 60s and 70s at least 90% of the year? If so, I would like to move there. Thanks!
Anyway...last week, even Florida dipped into the freezing temperatures! Saturday was the worst day for me. It *might* have made it to 40, but I'm pretty sure it didn't get out of the 30s AND it was raining. A slow, nasty, cold, steady rain all day. I can handle one day of that, and then I'm ready for my sunshine. I have really enjoyed the cold temps, even the really really cold temps, mostly because the sun was still shining so there was a hint of warmth on your face. But, when there's no sun, it's no fun!
I also think it's hysterical to look around here when it's cold. Today I went to the grocery store. My car temp gauge said it was in the mid 40s, and people had on what looked to be snow books with fur and fringe all around and big heavy jackets. Seriously....within an hour of that temp reading, it was already in the mid 50s. I have lived here my whole life in the warmth, but I can't help but giggle at the people who bundle up like it's going to snow. I'm sure that lady I saw is sweating in her boots now.
I have loved wrapping myself in blankets (even when it's 80 out I like to do that. I've enjoyed having the windows open. I feel like the air is easier to breath when there's a little chill in it. I'm sure I would feel MUCH differently if I were in snow covered Ohio, or worse, North Dakota where I heard of temps (maybe it was wind chill, I don't know, in the negative 50s!)
I think I'm rambling and procrastinating from doing housework. Here is a picture of Jeremy scraping the ice off his van on day last week. We don't have an ice scraper, so he used a spatula from the kitchen.
Subject Change
If you watched the treadmill video, then you saw our garage. We just finished organizing it a few weeks ago. Over the past couple of months, we painted the floor and walls, built new shelves, organized all of Jeremy's items into drawers and simply worked really hard to get HIS space back in the order He likes it. I think it looks great too.


AND...here's a pic of the girls sporting their home made aprons. I love 'em.

Finally...here's a cut picture of the girls playing with a Christmas present. Nicole insists it's a tent and not a tunnel.
3 comments:
Wow Jeremy a spatual.....I cannot wait to show this to your Uncle George. He would probably feel sorry for you and mail you down a real and I mean real ice scraper. Yes, snow is still on the ground in Ohio....it is white here. We have not had a day above freezing or without snow since Dec. 27th.
We are going to get a warm front later this week....we are going to see a whopping 38. Next week we might get to 42. Wow. I feel so blessed with temps like this. I might have to get the shorts out.....joking.
Love ya all and God Bless!!
Aunt Julie
I still have to laugh at that treadmill Video. That was sooooo funny.
Love the little aprons, they look very cute on the girls. I like the way Nicole is hugging up to Hanna, what sweet little sisters.
And, also Thank You for putting the article in about Colt. I know they will appreciate that very much and appreciate the prayers. Your a Sweetheart for including it. He loves getting cards.
Love you all.
Haha...a kitchen spatula? Too funny. I remember people in FL bundling up when it got down to 50 but up here in the snowy frozen tundra of Illinois, the temps are supposed to get up to a whopping 35 today and I have seen people without their coats and one guy in a t-shirt! I miss my FL sun. I'll keep your cousin Colt in my prayers. Hope he has a speedy recovery.
Post a Comment