Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Beautiful Day

Well, It's been a while since I last posted.  In all honesty, I had sort of a hard week with the kids last week and couldn't think of much positive to say....and, I didn't have the camera out snapping shots....and nothing to exciting happened that would thrill most of you:-)  Thus, the lack of posting.

But it all stops today:-)  We've had a nice start this week.  The weather is perfect and we are all rested and happy little campers:-)  I still don't have any exciting stories...I think I haven't had my ears tuned to "blog sharing" what I hear.  I'll try to fix that this week.  For now though, I'll share some fun pictures of the kids playing outside this morning.

A smile from Nathan


Look how big I'm getting!!!


My girls LOVE to dig in the sand.  I can't wait to take them to the beach this summer.  For now, the sand by our walkway will have to do.


Digging for gold?  Nope just sand in the bottom of the bucket.


I actually think this whole scooping sand business is good hard learning play, they just don't know it.  They are learning balance and measuring and volume.  I pretty much love to have dirty kids...it means they've been outside and not sitting around inside watching TV (which of course they do at times anyway)


This is serious work mommy!


Another smile from Nate.  I think he really enjoyed laying outside today.  He even seemed to like the grass tickling his toes.  


In complete awe and wonder over the garbage truck.

Close up of Hannah's "awe and wonder"


Hannah was so excited that Nathan grabbed her hand when she came over to "talk" to him.  She started saying "mommy, mommy...Cheese!  Cheese" (that means take a picture).  But, I'm pretty sure she was the one holding HIS hand.  Can you tell she's got a death grip on this poor guy?  I think his fingers are slightly bent backwards! hahaha.  Good thing babies are basically rubber for the first year.  

I hope you enjoyed a glimpse into our day today.  These kids are getting big way to fast.  I asked Nicole the other day if  she would please stop growing up  for a little while and she said, "Well, mommy, God wanted me to grow up, so he just pushed a button...and I grew!"  Oh, is that how it works?  :-)


6 comments:

Teri said...

Nate is SOOOO cute! His smile is infectious! Great pics of a great day with your kids! Thanks for sharing. I miss you!!!!!!

Amanda said...

I love that top picture! And look at all the hair Hannah is getting! Nicole is so funny and creative, too. What beautiful children.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing...I loved all the pictures. Hannah is getting hair for you to pull back and of course the look of the garage truck. I'm sorry, but Aunt Julie lost it in total laughter of seeing the looks on there precious little faces watching a garage truck. I have to ask...did Jeremy hear all about it when he came home from work????
I miss you guys and love you all.
God Bless!!
Aunt Julie

Karen said...

these's have got to be the most adorable, cutest, happiest children ever!! Love, Love,Love the pictures.

Michele said...

We've been making fun of Hannah recently because she has quite a mullet going on (although you can't tell real well in these picture) I think I need to have my mom do something about that.

As Jeremy says "business in the front, party in the back" hahaha

Tiffany said...

This was a great post! Those girls are beautiful...I love the garbage truck faces. Sorry you had a rough week last week, hope it's better, and from the looks of it, it is! I miss you all so much. Something about my mom being here and talking about you guys makes me really want to see you! I'm not gonna believe Nate when I see him next. As you guys won't believe Susie! (Though not too much has changed...she's still crawling!!! ahhh!)

I've been wanting to call lately. No excuse other than I don't really like to talk on the phone..lol. Seriously, I do want to catch up with you, but have found the opportune time to call! Seth liked his crayon roll..thanks, it will be great for the car. In fact, he'll probably use it tomorrow on our way to AL! Susie's leg warmers were super cute too!
Oh, Susannah defintely has the mullet in common with Hannah! haha...that's so funny. I love that hairdo though! It's so cute.

Looking forward to a chat soon!