Thursday, March 18, 2010

Today...is over

I LOVED hearing what some of you were doing today! Thanks for commenting.

So, today is over.  It was a good day.

For the first time I baked muffins with all 3 children!

Nathan can now sit up in the bumbo (pretend it's blue, not purple!), so he sat on the counter and "helped" Nicole, Hannah and I make chocolate chip muffins.

You can tell he enjoyed it.  Please notice that Hannah is wearing fuzzy slippers and Nicole is wearing her princess dress....stylish little girls, I know!


Here Nathan seems to be screaming "Take those scissors away from Nicole...N.O.W!!!!!!"


And here he seems very concerned about Hannah's stirring capabilities.

After our muffins were made, we picked up Mimi and brought her over to have a tea party with us.  Tea parties (this time with Juicy Juice) are one of Nicole's favorite activities.

Later in the day, I caught Nicole and Mimi having a moment chatting and looking out the window.

Grandma and I watched 2 movies during nap today and just enjoyed a nice relaxing day with the girls. 

By the way, did you notice our dining room chairs are different?  We have been looking for new chairs...just plain wooden ones, but haven't found them.  Our chairs are upholstered...always dirty and not practical to clean.  Finally, I decided I'd just buy slip covers...and expected to pay about $100 for all 6.  I found some cheap ones at Bed, Bath and Beyond the other day....only $8 a piece I think...so I thought they would do.  Well...when I checked out, they rang up at $1.99, plus my 6 20% off coupons...they were $1.49 each!!!!!  I was so excited!  I spent like 9 bucks on slip covers for all my chairs.  The color matches my living room curtains pretty well too.  Woohoo for cheap slip covers!

2 comments:

Michele said...

I just noticed on the tab for my blog (on my web browser anyway) it says

Our Life:Today...is over

Kind of morbid sounding, huh?

Amanda said...

LOL funny comment, Michele.

I love the slip covers! They really make a difference in the dining room it looks like.

Good job cooking with the kiddos. How old is Nathan? I can't believe he's old enough to be in a Bumbo! Time is moving so quickly.

That picture of Nicole and Mimi is precious. Keep it forever and ever and ever. I hardly have any pictures of my grandparents and great grandparents.