Here's a clue that's just for you....
Anyone recognize that? It's from the kid's tv show, Blue's Clues. I don't think they are producing new shows anymore, but my girls don't know that. They like to watch Blue's Clues. A few months ago, I decided to have a double Blue's Clues birthday party for them. Their birthdays are about 5 weeks apart, and we would have invited the same people to both parties...so, why not make it easier on me and our friends by hosting one party.
We had the birthday party on the soccer fields at one of our local parks. Soccer fields? That's weird, I know...but it's one of our favorite places to hang out as family (even though neither Jeremy nor I like soccer). We like to go over there with lunch and run around, kick a ball, tackle each other, fly a kite...whatever. So, we thought it would be fun to invite our friends too.
It was actually perfect for several reasons....
1. The pavillion was very far away from the parking lots, so we didn't have to worry about anyone running out in front of a car.
2. There were NO soccer games to compete with.
3. W.I.D.E. open spaces (Dixie chicks?) perfect to run around and play in.
4. Large pavillion with 4 tables and lots of shade.
5. And, it just so happened to be a nice (very breezy) morning.
My friend Teri brought this very cool bounce house she got way on sale last year.
We ate dog bone shaped PB&J (no picture:-(, a "mailbox" cake, had a "Blue's Clues" scavanger hunt with "Handy dandy notebooks"
played musical chairs,
pin the paw on blue and
broke open a pinata.
Good times for everyone:-)
The girls got a lot of sweet presents from friends like....games, play doh, sunglasses, dress up clothes, markers, etc.
Once Hannah discovered the candy, the rest of the party was over for her. All she said was "Hannah, Candy.....Hannah, Candy" while nodding her head up and down. She fell asleep in the car with candy in her hand, and the first thing she said when she woke up was candy. Here she is, trying to eat candy instead of opening up the presents.
I think this birthday party was a success! The girls had fun and so did their friends. It wasn't at our house, so I wasn't stressed about it getting "trashed" with so many little ones running around at the same time. We didn't feel claustrophobic with everyone there because we had so much space to hang out in, and I didn't have to deal with children of people I don't know, like if the party was on the playground. I think I may have every birthday party on the soccer fields at the park:-)
















No comments:
Post a Comment