Friday, May 7, 2010

O-H-I-O

Nate and I took a plane trip to The Buckeye state last week.  The point of the trip was to introduce Nathan to his great grandparents, my mom's mom and dad.  Due to health reasons, they are unable to come down to visit.  Unbelievably....I have had the opportunity to make this trip with each of the three kids.  It has been a blessing to spend a few days with just one baby and allow my grandparents the opportunity to see and spend time with them too.

I'm pretty sure Nathan had a blast!  He warmed up very quickly to Mama Pat and Papa Sam.  They spent every waking moment together.  We had fun talking, swinging and eating.  It's always a nice time with them.  I don't get to see them much, so I treasure the opportunities when the time comes.

Here are some random pictures with them.















Nathan also got to meet some other family members

Aunt Julie


Uncle George

and a few other aunts and uncles that I didn't get pictures with.

My mom and dad were also in town, and I think they both enjoyed spending some one on one time with Nate.  It's hard to get it with the girls around, because they are more demanding than Nathan is.

With dad

My first night in Ohio, I spent the night with Justin and his new bride, Erica.  We finished off an old season of 24 together and I got t meet their adorable puppy Axle. 

At the end of the trip, we saw Justin and Erica again over at my Aunt Susan's.  My grandma (my dad's mom) was also there.  We celebrated Erica's birthday a few days early and had a nice dinner and cake together. 







I'm glad we got to see my grandma, because the next day, just a few hours after she and Aunt Susan dropped us off at the airport, grandma fell down.  We thought she had broken her hip....but found out later it was her pelvis.  I wish she wouldn't have broken anything, but I'm pretty sure a broken pelvis is better than a broken hip.  She is recovering well at home and is enjoying playing Wii while sitting down....so that's good news.

Nate and I had a nice trip to the perfect weather last week in Ohio (minus one rainy day).  I'm glad I got to see my grandparents again, I'm thankful for the time I got with just Nathan, and I'm thankful for the extra little sleep I got at night.

No comments: