Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Hannah's First Sleepover - Alone

Last Sunday, my mom called and asked if one of the girls, it didn't matter which one, could come over to their house and spend the night.  After a little thought, we chose Hannah to be the one to go spend the night.  We picked her first because we knew if Nicole went, she (Hannah) would have a hard time and probably throw some sort of tantrum, but if Hannah went, we could talk Nicole through any sadness she may feel, because she would understand that her turn was next.

So....Hannah go to spend the night at Yaya and Papa's house All - By - Herself!

They played in the pool

They made cookie dough

They ate snow cones (in a cup)



They had a ton of fun!

Just before bedtime, Hannah said to my mom, "Heehee (that's how she says Nicki), Moooo....Heehee, Mooo".  No, she wasn't calling Nicole a cow, she was sad because she wanted Nicki and her little cow she sleeps with sometimes.  To help console her, my mom laid with her until she fell asleep, and slept in the same room with her later that night.  But, Hannah did Great!  She slept all night.  Honestly, I wouldn't have been surprised if we got a phone call around 9 or 10 saying that she wouldn't fall asleep...so, I was really proud of her.

The next morning, she got to watch Mickey Mouse Clubhouse (in bed I believe), make pancakes and then play with Nicole when I brought her over later. 
My dad snapped some great pictures from the morning too. 




Hannah had a lot of fun on her first alone sleep over.  Nicole's time will come soon, maybe even this weekend.  I know my parents enjoyed having some alone time with Hannah too.  It's good for the girls to be away from each other occasionally, but it's so sweet how much they miss each other (Monday morning, Nicole said to me, " Mommy, I miss my Hanny")

  Awe...they love each other!

2 comments:

Aunt Julie said...

Hannah, How fun. I am glad you had a good time at Yaya's and Papa's house. I bet you got spoiled. Sending big (((HUGS))) to you all
God Bless!!!
Love and Miss you guys!!!

Amanda said...

That is so special for Hannah! I'm glad she was first and that each girl is getting her own time with her grandparents, and the other with her parents (with Nathan). A very good idea!