Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Scientific Study


We bought Nicole a beginner's Chemistry Set for her birthday.  She loves to pour and mix and add weird objects to her mixtures.  So, we thought this would be something she would like.  I think we were right!

I got this set at a teacher supply store.  It's super cute!  It has 3 test tubes with holder, a large beaker, a funnel, a flask, eye protection, water dropper and a large magnifying glass, along with 10 cards with step by step instructions on experiments or activities to do. 

Yesterday we practiced mixing different primary colors to see what other colors they made.  We used water, food coloring a some other tools.  Nicole and I did the activity, step by step and then I let her mix and play for almost an hour.  She loved it.

She wanted to wear the safety goggles.
Getting started....we put a towel down since we were working with food coloring.  Of course, the only one to get it on themselves, was me!  Ruined a perfectly fine shirt. 

 Counting 5 drops into the large test tube


 Here she was counting yellow drops I believe.  I guess I didn't get any pictures of her pouring and mixing.  Oh well....she had fun doing it anyway.

I can't wait to do other experiments with her later.

No comments: