One of the great things about dads is that they hate to see their little ones hurt...especially their little girls. I remember my dad bringing me a special treat or a surprise when I was sick or hurt. I specifically remember one time when I was...I don't know, 9 or 10 maybe? I was really sick. I remember watching The Parent Trap in my bedroom (the cool thing about being sick is having a TV moved into your room:) and I remember my dad walking in my room with a big orange pumpkin cookie (on a stick maybe). The cookie had orange sprinkles all over it and a painted on jack-o-lantern face. I just remember my dad being extra sweet to me when I didn't feel well.
Well, It was fun to watch Jeremy do something very similar with Hannah. He was very concerned over her recent boo-boo (read the post below if you don't know what I'm talking about). He promised Hannah on Friday morning that he would bring her home a surprise. All day she looked forward to her "prize". When he got home, boy did he make good on his word! He brought home these cool little foamy things that you make into necklaces, airplanes, castles...whatever you want. A perfect craft for the girls. He also brought home some 3-D chalk which we enjoyed Saturday morning.
But, the "big" gift was...a rocket. Of course, I rolled my eyes when I saw it because we all knew who it was REALLY for, hahaha. Actually...the girls were excited all weekend long about shooting off the rocket. Finally, Sunday afternoon we made it to the park. Watch the video below. (Hannah got to shoot it off first because it was technically for her...I didn't notice until later how quickly she ran away, hahaha...I wish I would have gotten that on camera. Nicole got a turn too...and please wait for Nate's reaction after the second rocket...classic).
So, Jeremy had to put this rocket together Sunday during naps...which I think he really enjoyed. I can see model cars, rockets, whatever in my future with Jeremy and Nate. Then, we went to the park, and prayed that God would keep the rain away for us to shoot it off a couple of times. (He did...we were literally surrounded on all sides by rain, and just as we were cleaning up, the rain started to fall). We have a few more engines that we plan to shoot off on a clear day.
Thanks honey for being such a sweet daddy and trying to find something to take Hannah's mind off of her boo-boo. And, thanks for always finding cool things to do as a family. As I said yesterday....you are way cooler than I am:-)
3 comments:
That's adorable! Daddies have such special relationships with their babies. I love it. When we FOUND OUT we were having a boy, John came home and looked at Lego robotics sets and K'Nex online. I mean, the child was the size of a grapefruit and John was picking out his toys. HIS toys.
That's so cool! Poor Nate, he sorta made me wanna cry!
He's sitting up so well!
Thanks for sharing.....I love Jeremy's new toy...hahahahahaha!!! Nathan did not think much of it. I am glad the girls had a good time. :o))
Post a Comment