Last night we took a walk after dinner. Nicole rode her bike, and Hannah and Nathan rode in the wagon. About halfway through the walk, Hannah wanted to pull the wagon, so we let her get out and she was actually strong enough to pull Nate around. It was cute. We walked about a quarter of the way down the block when Nicole stopped to look at something (she is always starting and stopping on these walks....she sees Everything!). Hannah was a bit slower than the rest of us (pulling that big ole wagon). So, I stood behind Nicole talking to her and I heard Hannah coming close. Just as I realized Hannah was almost right behind me, I heard Jeremy yell "Hannah, watch out". Unfortunately when someone tells you watch out, you don't know what or where to watch out at. Hannah turned around, tripped over Nicole's training wheel and literally face planted on the asphalt road.
Nothing, Nothing cushioned her fall. Her arms were holding onto the wagon handle, she went face down. S.M.A.C.K.
Jeremy quickly ran and scooped her up and I grabbed the wagon and started hurrying Nicole along. Hannah was screaming and blood was all over her face and Jeremy's shirt. I just started hurrying Nicole and Nathan home, while Jeremy held Hannah and tried to comfort her.
When we got home, daddy cleaned her all up and we called Grammy to come over and look at her teeth and mouth. Grammy worked as a dental assistant for years and years and years...so we trusted her eyes to see if anything was wrong with her teeth and gums.
So, the good news is...Hannah is ok! Her teeth are not loose. She has a few cuts inside her mouth, on her lip, her nose and on her forehead. She relished being held and passed around to every family member at our house, watching Little Bear and holding ice on her lip.
Now daddy is bringing home a surprise for her when he gets off work today. She is talking find (with a bit of a lisp) and seems to be feeling ok. But, she's got a fat lip and looks "a little bit like a duck" to quote an anonymous person this morning.
Poor little Hannah girl. She has an owey!

1 comment:
Give that little sweetheart a kiss on all of her oweys. Her picture is so..........sweet. I am just so happy that she is doing OK, and that she didn't get hurt any worse then she was, a Big PTL!!!!
Love you all
Post a Comment