Monday, September 20, 2010

Lake Superior

I better finish up telling our vacation stories!  I'm going to forget everything. 

On our drive back down south from Nestor Falls to Minneapolis, we took a little detour and drove through Duluth, Minnesota so that we could stand on the shore of Lake Superior.  As we drove into town, we were struck by an amazing view as we came down the top of the hill and looked out over the city and beyond that, over the Lake.

As we walked down the boardwalk to the lake, we found a giant monument of the Ten Commandments.

The lake was a pretty awesome site.  I wish we would have had more time to explore.  There was a lighthouse down the way that would have been neat to go into, but the girls were not exactly behaving appropriately, it was rainy, Nathan was a bit fussy...it just wasn't a good day to go exploring. 

But, we did take some picture.  OK, I think we took around 100...so, I'll just share a few ; )

Our girls LOVE rocks.  Our bags were nearly overweight at the airport because of all the rocks we brought back.  They enjoyed playing on the rocks and in the rocks at the lake.
Nicole asked for this picture to be taken, so I thought it should at least make it to the blog.












Yes, she is tasting the rock.



After several very frustrating attempts, this was all we got from the girls.  In all honesty, they are better than the stuffy just hold hands and smile kind of pictures anyway, right?

My favorite of their silly ones.

3 comments:

Aunt Julie said...

Cool!!! Thank you so much for sharing.
Miss you guys,

Amanda said...

Those are such good pictures. I love the one of you and Nathan the best! Last summer we were in New Hampshire and I realized how neat rocks are after being in FL for so long and not really experiencing ROCKS (just sand...and concrete). Kids always love rocks. Big ones and small ones. Skipping rocks, too. So much fun.

Tiffany said...

Love the last one too! Too cute!