As Nathan gets older, we have been trying to incorporate more "boy" toys into our mix. Things like balls and trucks. But, the pink still remains. He came after two girls...and although we tried to keep things neutral from the very beginning....there are certainly some very girly and very pink things in our home.
This afternoon, after having a lunch picnic outside, the girls wanted to go on a bike ride. I decided to put Nate in the child seat on the back of Jeremy's bike...let Nicole ride her bike, and Hannah ride her scooter. The only problem was....the only helmet we had was a pink helmet covered in Disney princesses. I knew that if Jeremy pulled up for a surprise lunch and saw his son with a pink princess helmet on...there were be some "words" spoken. Both of us refuse to let our son wear pink. However...I wanted him to be safe, because I don't ride Jeremy's bike too often and I was afraid that I might topple over.
So...what do you do with a pink princess helmet that needs to go on your son's head....
you cover it in blue painting tape of course! hahaha
Maybe this is what Nathan needs for Christmas....a helmet of his own.
4 comments:
BRILLIANT IDEA!!!!!!!!!!
A nice can of spray Paint is cheaper than a Helmet, if the girls don't need it
A real man would use the universal repair material, "Duct Tape" rather than Painters Tape! but it is still cool.
Michele, I love it, it is a great idea.
Love,
Aunt Julie
Post a Comment