Thursday, December 16, 2010

Children's Thoughts

 Nicole started this conversation this morning as I was making their breakfast.

N: Mommy, I think that baby fish come from big fish.
Me: Oh...why do you think that.
N: Because baby fish look like big fish, only they are smaller.
Me: Yeah, that's true.     What made you think about baby fish and big fish honey?
N: Oh, I just like to think about the creation that God made.

Wow...sweet little girl!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The other night, Hannah was wearing a brown dress with pink polka dots all over it.  She was being really funny at the dinner table.  Jeremy looked at her, and gently poked her arm while saying...."Hannah, you are cute as a button."

Hannah looked at his finger, then looked back at Jeremy with a slightly confused look and said, "No button daddy....Dots!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The other day, I took the children to the mall with me.  We were upstairs at Sears and they girls really wanted to ride the escalators.  But, I had Nathan, in a stroller, and I couldn't do it that day.  We took the elevator down.  After we got off the elevator, I started walking through the store and Hannah was falling behind.  I slowed down and she was walking slowly, with her head down and a not so happy look on her face.  I asked her what was wrong and she said, "Me mad mommy, me mad".  I asked her why she was mad and she said, "Me no wide elevato mommy.  Me want to wide elevato (she meant escalator).  I me mad mommy. No me happy wight now"  Sheesh...I didn't realize a 2 year old could be so mad about something, hahaha.  But...she displayed it well.  I told her that it was ok to feel mad or sad about something, as long as she didn't have a bad attitude about it, and as long as she obeyed.  btw...she was happy again by the time we walked out of the store.  No harm done :)

1 comment:

Amanda said...

LOL I love the one with Hannah and the buttons...Maryn would say something like that! They are such sweet girlies. :)