Monday, February 2, 2009

Camping and random things

We work with the college/career ministry at our church. This weekend, we had a camp out. Let me preface this by saying, last year we camped at the same time of the year and it was sweltering. We were literally sweating at night, so in planning, we were hoping for slightly cooler weather. Well...we got it. It was in the low forties..maybe even high thirties at night. I chose not to camp out on Friday for various reasons, but I missed being there. Jeremy called me Saturday morning and asked if I could bring the girls out that night and camp out. So...we did. It was a lot of fun. Unfortunately I forgot my camera, so no photos. It was FREEZING!!! but we all snuggled up together, sort of, and it wasn't to bad. Hannah ended up sleeping on top of or next to me. Nicole was in her sleeping bag about half the night, then she moved over ans shared a pillow with Jeremy the other half. When light finally broke and I saw them, it was precious. I would have risked waking them up to take a picture, if I would have had the camera. Oh well. Nicole was super duper excited and her face was adorable Sun morning when she woke up and remembered she was in a tent. We will be going camping again very soon (maybe minus Hannah until next year).



Nicole loves to cut paper. My friend Teri introduced me to these really cool books called Kumon. They have several geared towards 2, 3 and 4 year olds. One is just for cutting. It's been fun for Nicole and I see her progress as she learns to use scissors. The first page was simply cutting slits to make whiskers for a dog. It progresses to cutting the page in half, and now she is making several cuts on one page. She is very good at following the grey line. They also have tracing, mazes, coloring, stickers and other sorts of work books. The pages Nicole cut today needed to be taped together to form a rocket (and of course she loves using tape, and is getting much better at it too).




And, I posted a video of Hannah last week. Nicole watched the video and asked where she was, so here is a video of Nicole from last Friday I believe. Her Umbrenannana is really an umbrella. And, it was sprinkling just a bit, but stopped before she got her umbrella open:-) Enjoy


1 comment:

Amanda said...

I saw those books at Books-a-Million. They look cool. I'm working with the 2 1/2 year olds on cutting and it is NOT easy!