Sunday, February 8, 2009

I made it!

So, I skated 45 miles total. 15 miles on Friday night, and 25 miles on Saturday. It was a lot of fun. I really enjoyed the skate. It was slow (not a race). We would skate a few miles and then stop, re-group, get water and bananas, then go another few miles. I'm not sure why it was like this. I'm thinking it was for the police escorts. Either way, it was fun and a long way to go. I feel good, my legs are just a tiny bit sore today, but nothing to bad.

I did not fall, Praise the Lord, but I did cry the whole way down the big tall causeways (if you've ever been on a cruise out of Miami and you remember the bridges...that's what I skated up and down. It was pretty terrifying blading down the bridges. I called Jeremy crying when I got to the bottom because I knew he would help be breathe again, hahaha. I was safe though...just scared. Isn't it weird that I will jump out of an airplane, but rollerblading down a bridge terrified me. What a weirdo:-)

Well, I'm hoping to be able to post pictures soon that my friend took. She hasn't sent them yet. I need to go to bed. Good night:-)

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Okay, now I want to hear about this jumping out of an airplane business.

I was going to do that a few years ago, but I couldn't after having a surgery. But I still think about it sometimes...

Michele said...

You coudldn't because you had just had surgery, or you never can?

I loved skydiving. I've been twice. Once for my 18th birthday, and again around the age of 20 I think. It's super fun!!!!

Michele said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Congratulations Michele!
What a wonderful accomplishment.