This morning I was taking care of Hannah (diaper & clothing change). I knew Nicole was in the "green room". I yelled out to her a few times, and she obediently answered. I didn't really listen to her reply, I just figured she was playing in her kitchen. When I was done with Hannah, I went looking for Nicole. As I rounded the corner, a look of confusion, then shock, then uncontrollable laughter swept over me.
Nicole found my make up bag, with my bright red nail polish and decided it was time for a pedicure. She painted her own toe nails. It was simply one of those "you gotta laugh" moments. She was so very proud of herself too. And, I can not believe this, she did not get a single drop of red paint on the sofa!!!! I am shocked. We went in to show daddy, and we've all been giggling since. It's pretty funny, but the point has been made that she is not to paint her own toenails again. But, we can laugh today:-)

5 comments:
Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha ... CLASSIC !!! Nicole, next time grammy needs a pedi, I;m gonna let you do it for me!! Great color choice !! What a funny funny girl :)
Grammy
Yeah I was gonna say the same thing..book me a pedicure with Nicole when we come down!
-tiffy
Awww! Good job on being a great, understanding mom, too. Some moms would have totally freaked out. My mom and grandma used to let me paint my nails. They would lay out some newspaper and let me have at it. I really appreciated it, and I bet Nicole feels so loved to have a mom that will trust her to do things like that...even if it does make a little bit of a mess.
Well Amanda...you bring up a good point. I never thought about letting her just paint away with newspapers and such. This morning was pure surprise to me. I wasn't in the room and had NO idea what she was doing! It was funny though and we've laughed a lot (and watched this little video). I try not to freak about things that like...It's part of being a silly little girl (however it would have more difficult not to freak if polish was covering by couch, but it wasn't). Maybe some controlle painting time would be good. By the way...did I tell you the other day that my girls loves to paint!?!
That is so funny! Thanks for the chuckle!
Post a Comment