I like to post lyrics every once in a while to songs that make an impact on me. I first heard this song on a Selah CD. Then, several years ago, we were visiting Southern Baptist Theological Seminary and had the chance to go to chapel. One of the professors of the undergrad school, Jim Orrick preached, and he used the lyrics to this song. It is one of my "go to" songs when I'm having hard day, a great day, I need encouragement or I just want to praise God. So....I thought I'd share. I don't think we've ever sung this song at our church. I wish we would...it's so great. Here is a video I found (just wanted you to heard Selah) and the lyrics are below.
Before the throne of God above
I have a strong and perfect plea.
A great high Priest whose Name is Love
Who ever lives and pleads for me.
My name is graven on His hands,
My name is written on His heart.
I know that while in heaven He stands
No tongue can bid me thence depart.
When Satan tempts me to despair
And tells me of the guilt within,
Upward I look and see Him there
Who made an end of all my sin.
Because the sinless Savior died
My sinful soul is counted free.
For God the just is satisfied
To look on Him and pardon me.
Behold Him there the risen Lamb,
My perfect spotless righteousness,
The great unchangeable I AM,
King of glory and of grace,
One in Himself I cannot die.
My soul is purchased by His blood,
My life is hid with Christ on high,
With Christ my Savior and my God!
I was reading Colossians today and as I listened to this song, it reminded me of a great verse I read. Colossians 1:13: "For He rescued us from the domain of darkness, and transferred us to the kingdom of His beloved Son, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins."
1 comment:
What a Beautiful reminder of God's redemptive power!! I Love that song!
As our pastor is going thru the book of colossians, these verses are becoming dear to my heart.
We did nothing to be "delivered from the dominion of darkness and transferred into the Kingdom of His beloved son" What overwhelming undeserved GRACE!!! Valerie
Post a Comment