Wednesday, May 20, 2009

To the Dentist we go

Today was Nicole's first trip to the dentist office. We decided not to talk about it until this morning. Last time she was at the Dr. (about a month ago) the Dr. wanted to look in her mouth and it took about 10 minutes of bribery for her to open her mouth, so I was not expecting much today. In fact, I had all sorts of bribes and distractions prepared (*note: I don't generally bribe my kids, and I'm glad I didn't have to today)






HOWEVER....she was a gem...a star....a perfect little patient. The hygentist was wonderful with her. She showed her all of her cool equipment and Nicole did everything she asked. She was so good, that when an opening came up to move my appointment ahead, I felt comfortable leaving her in the room so they could start on my teeth. After she was done, they let her pick out a couple of toys from the toy box. I was so please, and proud.


2 comments:

grammy said...

Wow Nicole what a super little patient you were!! Gramps and grammy are so proud of you and VERY thankful your first experience with the dentist was a good one! You look so big in that chair!! You sure are growing up too quick for me!!

Amanda said...

Good job, Nicole!

I am so glad you were able to go in with her. I had a few very traumatic experiences with a dentist as a child, and my mom was never allowed in the room with me. Isn't that ridiculous?